Freeze Time in Wisconsin
- With State Budget Overdue, Ky. Districts Prepare for Worst. Hoff, David J. // Education Week;5/29/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p17
Focuses on the impact of state budget overdue on school districts in the U.S. Similarity on the contingency plans of school boards; Indication of lower-than-expected revenues on lawmakers; Settlement of a state budget before the district budgets.
- Harrisburg Budget Lacks Debt Service. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;3/11/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33280, p4
The article announces that the local government of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania will be operating under a budget that does not include payments for debt service.
- What increased aid to localities? ANDREWS, JOHN B. // New Hampshire Business Review;8/14/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p16
No abstract available.
- Minnesota Budget Has Schools Struggling With Liquidity. SHIELDS, YVETFE // Bond Buyer;8/15/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33565, p6
The article reports on the struggle of the school districts with the liquidity of its budget in Minnesota. It mentions that Governor Mark Daytona and lawmakers have agreed to erase the remaining 1.4 billion dollars in a 35 billion dollar state budget. It mentions that the cut have strained...
- School District Technology Directors Scramble to Cope with Funding Cuts. // Electronic Education Report;12/5/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 23, p2
Reports on the effort of technology directors to find ways to maintain services on reduced state funding for educational technology at the local school district in the U.S. Amount of aid for educational technology in Louisiana; Costs of maintaining educational technology; Advantage of the...
- Local leaders sound off in capital on state budget. // Athens News;3/21/2013, p16
The article presents the views of RenÃ©e Middleton, the dean of the Ohio University's Patton College of Education on various issues concerning proposed state biennial budget and school districts funding problem in Ohio.
- Florida House, Senate Set to Weigh Their Versions of Budget-Cutting Bills. Sigo, Smelly // Bond Buyer;1/9/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33038, p3
The article reports on the budget reduction bills considered by the Florida House and Senate for the fiscal year 2009. It notes that lawmakers will cut $3.2 billion from the state budget due to sharp drop of revenues. Moreover, the appropriation-reduction bill of the Senate will transfer $21...
- Two California Initiatives Are a Mixed Credit Bag, Fitch Says. Webster, Keeley // Bondbuyer.com;10/31/2014, p25
The article focuses on the initiatives in the 2014 election that could affect the state budget of California. Topics covered include the challenge posed by the Rainy Day Budget Stability Act to school districts, the amount deposited into the rainy day fund in the fiscal 2015 budget and the...
- Pennsylvania to Audit Allentown School District. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;9/2/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34371, p1
Pennsylvania Auditor Eugene DePasquale will audit Allentown's school district for possible violations of sunshine and ethics laws.