Survey: California Localities Are Not Disclosing on Web Sites
- Issuers Leave Muni Players In Info Lurch. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;01/16/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31057, p1
Reports on the failure of municipal issuers in the United States to comply with secondary market disclosure requirements. Non-provision of key information with filings that repositories need to link disclosures to specific bond issues; Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's Disclosure Forum,...
- MSRB to hold municipal disclosure forum in fall. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;08/17/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30458, p1
Reports on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's hosting of a forum on municipal disclosure in the United States in November 1998. Call by dealers and analysts for a centralized secondary market disclosure system; Bond Market Association's push for electronic disclosure; National...
- Panel drafts uniform OS disclaimer. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;01/10/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30804, p1
Focuses on the creation of a standard disclaimer on disclosing financial information on municipal bond issuers in the United States. Use of the disclaimer by dealers to clarify the limits of their disclosure responsibilities; Use of the standard in official statements for negotiated and...
- Wisconsin owns up to disclosures. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30821, p1
Reports on the state of Wisconsin's inclusion of a non-disclaimer in the preliminary official statement for petroleum inspection fee revenue bonds that are to be sold in February 2000. Disclosure responsibilities; Bond Market Association's expected approval of uniform disclaimer language for...
- SEC disclosure rule evasions described at MSRB forum. Hume, Lynn Stevens; Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;11/13/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30520, p1
Reports on the evasion of the United States Securities & Exchange Commission's (SEC) secondary market disclosure rules by municipal bond market participants. Discussion of the issue at the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's municipal disclosure forum; Reasons of analysts and insurers for...
- The electronic route is coming, but what's the formula? Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;11/13/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30520, p4
Reports on the electronic dissemination of municipal securities disclosure documents in the United States. Issues addressed at the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's disclosure forum in Washington; Disputes over the formatting of documents; Benefits of electronic delivery.
- Speakers call for voluntary disclosure improvements. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;11/13/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30520, p4
Reports on the calls for voluntary disclosure of municipal securities documents in the United States. Comments of speakers at the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's disclosure forum in Washington; Proposals to improve disclosure; Concerns on disclosure's effects to small issuers.
- Better job needed in land-based, health care fields. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;11/13/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30520, p5
Reports on the issues on disclosure of municipal issues in land-based and health care sectors addressed at the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's disclosure forum in Washington. Concerns on disclosure quality; Improvements in primary market disclosures.
- Texas MAC's 'Tickler' Causes a 92% Improvement in Secondary Disclosure. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/4/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31712, p36
Presents information on a disclosure of information program by the Municipal Advisory Council of Texas. Impact of the program on secondary municipal bond market; Overview of the working of the program; Opinion of Laura Slaughter, deputy executive director of the council on the program;...