- Learning from DSM's first-generation bid results. Bretz, Elizabeth A. // Electrical World;Sep94, Vol. 208 Issue 9, p37
Offers a look at the demand-side management (DSM) bidding programs. Demand reductions; Competition; Proposals; Levelizes total resource costs. INSET: Virginia Power tests the DSM bidding waters..
- Low-bid rejection requires justification. Parvin, Cordell // Roads & Bridges;Sep96, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p8
Discusses the law on highway construction bidding in the United States. Exceptions to the rule that the project should be awarded to the lowest bidder; `Arbitrary and capricious' decision of the Department of Transportation (DOT) in `Harmony Construction Inc. v. State of Delaware (DOT); Reasons...
- Jensen, Myers-Majluf, free cash flow and the returns to bidders. McCabe, George M.; Yook, Ken C. // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Fall97, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p697
Investigates bidder returns using two theories which would predict positive returns to bidders in cash acquisitions. Findings over the cash flow of bidders; What has been shown in previous research on returns to bidders.
- Developers play it close to the vest at casino conference. Duby, Christopher Y. // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/7/95, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p6
Reports on the holding of a preproposal conference in Hartford, Conn. for potential casino developers. Handling of the conference by the office of Gov. John G. Rowland.
- Wenatchee to seek local bids. // Wenatchee Business Journal;May97, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p9
Reports on the revision of a policy by the Wenatchee City Commission clarifying its intent to seek local bids for projects.
- State seeking bids for $33 million worth of construction projects. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;08/04/97, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p13
Reports that the state of Utah is seeking construction bids for three state projects. Projected value; Descriptions of the projects; Deadline for submission of bids.
- AROUND TOWN: BID ANNOUNCEMENTS. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);4/28/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p58
Reports on developments related federal bids in New Orleans, Louisiana as of May 28, 2003. Achafalaya Basin Leeves; Cutterhead dredge rental.
- Bid to win. S.G. // Inc.;Oct96, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p84
Opinion. Offers advice on making bidding for customer contracts pay. Asking for information; Asking to meet others in the company; Comments of Barry Nalebuff and Adam Brandenburger.
- Commissioner King questions process for bidding on Pct. 3 JP building. Halvorson, Barry // East Bernard Express (TX);3/12/2009, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p1
The article focuses on issues related to the bidding process for the construction of the proposed Wharton County Precinct 3 Justice of the Peace building in Wharton County, Texas.