New Mexico: Thinking Biennial
- The 5 Per Cent Solution. // National Review;1/23/1995, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p18
The article discusses the Fiscal Responsibility Act, part of the Contract with America. The first provision of the act calls for a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution with a tax limitation provision. The Barton-Tauzin bill will be the legislative vehicle for this proposed...
- BOOK FIVE: The People Make Laws 1888-1915: 'FEDERATION OR REVOLUTION?'. Clark, Manning // Manning Clark's History of Australia: abridged by Michael Cathca;1993, p404
Chapter 3 of the part five of the book "Manning Clark's History of Australia" is presented. It focuses on the highlights of the National Australasian Convention held in Sydney, New South Wales in March 1891 to discuss a draft constitution prepared by Premier of Queensland Samuel Griffith. It...
- Legislature should debate real issues. Suess Kennedy, Sheila // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/23/2015, Vol. 35 Issue 53, p13
The author discusses aspects of legislative matters wherein the author thinks the public are getting vigilant on the antics of the state General Assembly to debate on the real issues and fundamental laws under the U.S. Constitution.
- Ventura Wrestles With Minnesota Legislators in Budget Battle. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31448, p3
Reports the budget deficits in Minnesota. Failure of the state to adopt a budget repair bill; Division between the Democrat-controlled Senate and a Republican-controlled House; Concerns of the lawmaker for reelection.
- State budget hits impasse. Gibbons, Valerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/11/2003, Issue 323111, p1
Reports on a Republican drafted legislative bill in California reducing state spending and overturning the increase in vehicle license fees. Details of the budget proposal; Budget areas increased and reduced; Democratic version of the bill.
- Florida: Legislature Passes Sweeping Growth Management Reforms. // GPP eNews;5/20/2011, p3
No abstract available.
- SPECIAL REPORTS. // Computer Weekly;3/30/2010, p3
The article presents information on two special reports from Great Britain including "Budget 2010--Comment, Debate and Analysis," and "Digital Economy Bill," that were published on the website "computerweekly.com."
- Illinois legislature has a full plate and little time to clear it. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/19/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30810, p26
Focuses on issues that legislators in Illinois are likely to take up as they return to work in the week of January 19, 2000. Governor George Ryan's budget proposal; Legislators' focus on the election season; Spending plan for tobacco funds; Funding package for an improved football stadium for...
- Boondoggles and Booby Traps. // Time;7/13/1981, Vol. 118 Issue 2, p12
The article discusses the loop holes in U.S. House budget bill passed by congressmen regarding issues including clinch river breeder reactor, national endowments for the arts and humanities, and legal services.