New Mexico: Another Veto
- The veto in New Mexico. Shearer, Kent // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/17/95, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p23
Comments on New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson's veto actions. Creation of the executive veto; Use of the veto by American presidents; Use of the gubernatorial veto by Utah governors.
- New Mexico governor may reject budget, but still supports bond plans. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;03/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30344, p36
Reports on New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson's plans to call for a special congressional session for the state's budget, after claiming that lawmakers act irresponsively in putting the budget. Johnson's plans to veto the legislature's budget proposal; Other unfinished legislation to be included...
- New Mexico governor criticized for health care vetoes. // Primary Care Weekly;05/19/97, Vol. 3 Issue 20, p8
Focuses on criticisms laid on New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson for vetoing a bill intended to provide protection for managed care enrollees. Grievance procedure requirements; Prohibition on gag rules against physicians; Raising of insurance premiums.
- Gary Johnson Candidate Profile. // Hit & Run;10/30/2011, p8
The article profiles Gary Johnson, a Republican presidential candidate for the 2012 U.S. election. He was born on January 1, 1953 and he established the construction firm Big-J Enterprises in 1976. He become the Republican governor of New Mexico in 1995. He advocates a balanced federal budget...
- Gary Johnson (And His Neighbor's Dogs) Might be Having a Moment. Steigerwald, Lucy // Hit & Run;9/18/2011, p30
The article reports on the presidential campaign of New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson. Johnson proposes several measures to reduce the federal budget deficit by 43 percent, including the abolition of the Department of Education, withdrawal of troops from all countries, and rebooting the federal...
- AMERICA'S MOST DANGEROUS POLITICIAN. Lynch, Michael W. // Reason;Jan2001, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p30
Interviews New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson. Details on his marijuana smoking experience; Reaction of other politicians on his drug-use; His views on the importance of school vouchers.
- Libertarian Gary Johnson Looking to 2016. GIZZI, JOHN // Human Events;4/16/2012, Vol. 68 Issue 13, p6
The article discusses the confidence of former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson that he can secure the presidential nomination from the Libertarian Party in 2012.
- Libertarian Party Candidate Gary Johnson on Voting Libertarian For One Election. Gillespie, Nick; Swain, Joshua // Hit & Run;8/12/2012, p13
The article previews an interview with Gary Johnson, the Libertarian Party candidate for the 2012 presidential elections in the U.S. on voting libertarian for this election.
- Gary Johnson On Why He Changed His Mind About Running for President. Quinn, Garrett // Hit & Run;4/292012, p69
The article features former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson, who discussed the reasons behind his decision to run as president under the Libertarian Party during the 2012 Presidential election.
- 'You Cut Spending'. Gillespie, Nick; Welch, Matt // Reason;Apr2010, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p41
An interview with New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson is presented. When asked about his achievements as the governor of New Mexico, he mentions that his biggest achievement is that he managed to reduce the annual rate of growth in spending by half and for a member of the Republican party to get...