Kansas: University Research
- Is there a need for more protection? Briant, Julian // Estates Gazette;9/1/2012, Issue 1235, p46
The article discusses on the British think tank CentreForum's report on leasehold properties in Great Britain. It mentions the report's call for more protection for lessees and describes existing legislation that enables a lessee to avoid payment of service charges in certain conditions. The...
- Governor signs cancer research legislation. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);6/20/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p9
The article reports that Texas Governor Rick Perry has signed into law House Bill 14, which will establish the Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas and allocate $300 million to cancer research in 2007.
- New Food Donation Law Good News for Nonprofits. // Community Health Funding Week;12/18/2009, p14
A summary is presented of the bill PL 110-247, the Federal Food Donation Act, endorsed by the U.S. research institute Rock and Wrap It Up.
- The Curse of the Workplace Bully. // EHS Today;Feb2009, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p8
The article focuses on the proposed anti-bullying Healthy Workplace Bill of the Workplace Bullying Institute in the U.S. The institute come up with the bill because of the significant increase on the number of employees who got fired due to workplace bullying. The bill prohibits health-harming...
- US Congressional budget FY01: From radiology to drug returns. Birmingham, Karen // Nature Medicine;Feb2001, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p139
Reports on the shift in the focus of U.S. Congressional budget of fiscal year 2001 from radiology to drug returns. Approval of a budget for the National Institute of Health; Legislation for the creation of National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Engineering; Emphasis on radiological...
- Marriage Equality Profitable. // Just Out;7/7/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p8
The article reports on the study which claims that passing a marriage equality bill in Washington would have financial payoffs to the tune of between $3.9 million and $5.7 million. One research institutes report that nearly 8,000 gay and lesbian couples would marry in Washington, that indicates...
- Contract research organisations as Australian research agencies. Duchini, Serg // Australasian Biotechnology;Oct2011, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p49
The new R&D tax offset legislation received Royal Assent on 8 September 2011 enacting new provisions for research agencies to consider for income years commencing on or after 1 July 2011. The following explains the changes as they have now been enacted in regard to research agencies.
- He'll take Manhattan. // Advocate;6/14/94, Issue 657, p14
Reports that New York representative Jerrold Nadler will introduce a legislative bill that would create a federal AIDS research agency.
- Westminster diary. Dalyell, Tam // New Scientist;12/11/2004, Vol. 184 Issue 2477, p47
This article discusses issues related medical research in Great Britain. The important but controversial Human Tissue Act, which received royal assent last month, requires patients or their relatives to give consent before researchers can use their tissue samples. The new law is intended to...