Arizona: Into Town on a Rail
- Reintroduced Rail Bill Allows State Bonding. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;4/18/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32113, p5
Reports on the reintroduction of the rail bonds bill by the Leaders of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee in the U.S. Authority given to the states to issue taxable tax-credit bonds and tax-exempt private-activity bonds for high-speed rail projects; Emphasis on the increasing...
- Florida Governor Wants to Take Rail Repeal to Voters. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, p44
Focuses on the support of Florida governor Jeb Bush to repeal a high-speed rail project. Repeal of the referendum on the general election ballot; Construction of the first train route between Tampa and Orlando; Impact of the high-speed rail to the state's bond rating.
- Lott Explores Bond Financing for Rail Infrastructure. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;4/22/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32117, p5
Reports on the intention of Senator Trent Lott (R-Miss.) to explore the use of bonds to fund the construction of rail infrastructure in the U.S. Consideration for the establishment of a national transportation bonding authority; Stipulation under the rail infrastructure legislation; Efforts to...
- Florida Judge Allows Anti-Rail Petitions. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/7/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31920, p5
Reports that Florida Circuit Court Judge Kevin Davey has denied a request by Lakeland businessman C.C. Dockery for a temporary injunction to invalidate petitions collected by Derail the Bullet Train (DEBT). Failure of Dockery to meet the legal prerequisites for the issuance of a temporary...
- Struggling to Get Back on Track. Ruth, Jo�o-Pierre S. // Business News New Jersey;11/27/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 48, p8
Focuses on the need for financial support for the increasing ridership demand of New Jersey transit. Closure of the PATH service; Increase in budget deficit; Increase in the number of rail riders.
- Tulare County businesses want to get railroaded. Wright, Don A. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/15/2001, Issue 322835, p1
Reports the loss of rail service in Tulare County, California. Impact of rail usage on the continued service; Failure to sustain overall track maintenance cost; Economic factors affecting rail service; Solutions to the air pollution from railroad scraps.
- Points system signals an alarm for sleepers. // Engineer (00137758);10/11/2002, Vol. 291 Issue 7613, p18
Reports on the importance of the monitoring system for the transportation industry in Great Britain. Improvement of the rail safety; Reduction of train delays; Relevance of the points monitoring system to alarm sleepers.
- Re-railing the derails. Jenkinson, Michael // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/16/96, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p42
Reports that derails have been reinstalled on sidings at CN railyards in Edson and Fort Saskatchewan, Canada. Details on derails; The August 12, 1996 accident on the main line at CN's Edson yard.
- Christmas 'gift' opens Stamford to commuters. // Fairfield County Business Journal;04/16/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 16, p15
Reports the completion of New Haven Railroad with the assistance of Stamford Sentinel in New Haven, Connecticut. General impression on the first trial rails; Comments from the Stamford Advocate; Changes with the daily trips to New York.