Utah Issuer Pays Off IRS; Case to Wrap
- Utah Cooperative Suffers Setback In Ongoing Bond Dispute with IRS. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/24/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31124, p1
Reports on the bond dispute between the Utah School District Finance Cooperative and the United States Internal Revenue Service. Taxation of a 1998 bond issue; Structure of the bonds.
- IRS: Utah pool Bonds taxable; issuer disputes facts of case. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/08/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30287, p1
Presents information on the disclosure of a bond which is said to be taxable and was issued by the Internal Revenue Service to the Utah School District Finance Cooperative is taxable. Value of the bond; When this disclosure was made; Information on what the issuer contends; Comments from Brad...
- Utah School District Case May Be First in IRS Mediation Process. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;10/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31000, p1
Reports that the Utah School District Finance Cooperative has requested that its case, involving a 1998 bond issue, be brought to Internal Revenue Service mediation process. Decision of the IRS to declare the 1988 bond issue as taxable; Reorganization of the IRS in 1998.
- IRS: Colorado Springs Forward Float Not Within Safe Harbor. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;11/26/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32760, p5
The article reports on the argument of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that the bidding for a forward-float contract in a Colorado Springs 1991 was questionable. IRS believes that the city was underpaid for the float agreement. It contends that the deal has not met the safe harbor...
- IRS Taps EMMA for Bond Prices. Hume, Lynn; DePaul, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;1/4/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33642, p1
The article reports on the seven-person team that is using electronic municipal market access (EMMA) formed by the tax-exemption bond (TEB) office of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS). It says that the initiative and the focus on financial restructurings and their risk assessment exam...
- IRS Releases Notice on Management Contracts, ACOs. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;10/28/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34201, p1
The Internal Revenue Service has released interim guidance on how management contracts and certain accountable care organizations can be structured to avoid excessive private use that would jeopardize the tax-exempt status of bonds.
- IRS Expects To Close 120 VCAP Cases In FY 2015. Jagoda, Naomi // Bondbuyer.com;9/11/2015, p1
The Internal Revenue Service's tax-exempt bond office expects to close about 120 voluntary closing agreements in fiscal 2015 - a figure that would be more than double the 51 closed the previous year, an IRS official said.
- Fargo, N. D., IRS Enter Settlement; Bonds to Remain Exempt. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;11/8/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32504, p31
The article reports on the move of the Fargo City, North Dakota to enter a closing agreement with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for the protection of tax-exempt status on its $48 million water revenue bonds in the U.S. It provided that Chambers Dunhill Rubin and Bear Stearns Capital Markets...
- Texas Issuer Executes Closing Agreement Over Jail Bonds. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;11/3/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34404, p1
The IAH Public Facility Corp.' $49 million of bonds for a jail in Polk County, Texas, are one of a number of issues that have been audited by the IRS, which has claimed jail bonds are taxable private activity bonds.