After Restructuring, Tampa Bay Water Deal Gets Ready to Price
- Financing Closes on Desalination Plant. ALLEN, MIKE // San Diego Business Journal;1/14/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p1
The article reports that the financing for the Carlsbad Desalination Project in California has been closed on December 24, 2012.
- Huge Desalination Plant Okayed. // Pollution Engineering;Oct2008, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on the approval of desalination plants in the San Diego. It notes on California official's final approval of the plans in August and will begin its construction in 2009 until 2011 as the largest desalination plant. It mentions on the structure information, the expected...
- Poseidon Resources' Desalination Plant in Carlsbad Has Become Big Adventure. Owen, Ted // San Diego Business Journal;8/27/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 35, p14
The article focuses on the need to start the construction for the desalination plant in Carlsbad, California by the Poseidon Resources Corp. The company has cooperated with the city to create a plant that is set to provide drinking water which has undergone desalination procedure for the 300,000...
- Power, water and money. Flin, David // International Power Generation;Jul2004, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p9
Reports on the Umm Al Nar power and water desalination project in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates in 2004. Value of the project; Machinery that will be installed in a plant under the project; Details of the privatization of the project.
- Al Taweelah A2 desalination plant enters service. // Modern Power Systems;Jan2002, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p12
Reports the commercial operation of Al Taweelah A2 power and desalination plant in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Capability of the plant to supply both electricity and water; Closure of financing on power and desalination project.
- Wind power to help desalinate groundwater. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);6/11/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p12
The article reports that Office of Rural Community Affairs (ORCA) has provided a $500,000 grant to help fund the pilot project utilizing wind power to desalinate brackish groundwater in West Texas.
- Israel. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/17/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p18
Reports that Israel's Finance Ministry has appointed an interministerial committee to establish guidelines for a build-operate-transfer water desalination plant. Location of the plant; Job of the committee.
- Freshwater from the Sea. // Population, Water & Wildlife: Finding a Balance;2002, p9
The article reflects on desalination, the method of converting saltwater to freshwater. It notes that while desalination seems simple, it is a complicated and very expensive. It argues that the process is not likely to be an immediate solution to the world's water demand until advances can bring...
- Fuzzy Logic Control Development in SCADA Software Frameworks. Manesis, S. // International Review of Automatic Control;Jul2010, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p418
Wind power, seawater desalination and other similar green energy plants need the use of supervisory human-machine interface software to improve quality and increase productivity. The artificial intelligent methodologies, fuzzy logic, rule based and neural networks, are suitable for designing a...