Michael Dalton: Valuation Work is His Expertise
- EL APRENDIZAJE BASADO EN PROBLEMAS ABP, COMO MÃ‰TODO ADECUADO PARA LA APLICACIÃ“N DE LA PLATAFORMA VIRTUAL EDUC EN LA FACULTAD DE CONTABILIDAD Y ADMINISTRACIÃ“N DE MANZANILLO. González, José Gómez; Jiménez, Sergio Felipe López; Cacho, Sergio Iván Ramírez // Global Conference on Business & Finance Proceedings;2013, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p1289
The Based learning PBL problems, as a suitable method for the application of the virtual platform EDUC in the Faculty of accountancy and administration of Manzanillo The PBL, is a method of teaching and learning that ensures instruction in students of different races. In the tax subjects of the...
- Attitude Measurement and Perceptions of Accounting Faculty Publication Outlets . Howard, Thomas P.; Nikolai, Loren A. // Accounting Review;Oct83, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p765
ABSTRACT: Magnitude-estimation procedures are used to establish a ratio-scale "quality" ranking of journals in which accounting faculty typically publish. The Journal of Accounting Research and The Accounting Review are the highest-ranked journals. Significant differences were found in the...
- Two new package courses for students. // Accountancy;Jul1978, Vol. 89 Issue 1019, p6
Introduces the package courses for accounting students from the English Institute in England. Courses on basic personal tax and preparing company accounts; Compilation and interpretation of accounts in business situations; Enrolment of students with two years accounting training.
- Report Card: How Do Professors Grade The Accounting Profession's Efforts To Address The Looming Shortage of Accounting Professors? // Public Accounting Report;Sep2013, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p5
A bar graph is presented which assesses how professors grade the effort of accounting profession on addressing the shortage of professors for accounting.
- SERVICE LEARNING: EXTENDING THE CURRICULUM. Gujarathi, Mahendra R.; McQuade, Ralph J.; Sarmiento, Anthony H. // CPA Journal;Feb2002, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p67
Focuses on the use of service-learning experience approach in accounting education. Obstacles to the adoption of the approach; Benefits of the approach; Considerations for implementing the approach.
- Woowee! TEI Chapters Make More than $176,000 in Scholarship Grants. // Tax Executive;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p314
The article offers information on the scholarship grants of Tax Executives Institute Inc. (TEI) chapters. It mentions that the chapters collectively made 176,364.83 U.S. dollars in scholarship grants wherein recipients included undergraduates and graduate students in Masters of Taxation and...
- Taxation Requirements for the CPA Examination and the Content of Undergraduate Accounting Curricula. Blumenfrucht, Israel // Journal of the American Taxation Association;Fall84, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p57
The Board of Examiners of the AICPA recently adopted a memorandum indicating that every CPA examination shall contain two questions in the Accounting Practice section of the exam covering the area of Federal income taxation. The memorandum also lists the tax topics that may be tested on the...
- UPWARD UNLIMITED: BUSINESS OR CHARITY? Routman, Robert J.; Smith, Jeff // Allied Academies International Conference: Proceedings of the In;Oct2009, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p37
The article presents a case study on the delineation between tax-exempt charitable organizations and business enterprises operating to supply in-demand products in the market in the U.S. It notes the approach of non-profit organizations to operate as a business and to financially benefit from...
- Raising the Bar: Income Tax Education at the Undergraduate Level. Weber, Janis // Academy of Business Research Journal;2011, Vol. 2, p30
Taxation is an important component of the knowledge base that certified public accountants (CPAs) are assumed to understand, by mere association. Whether or not CPAs, in general, actually possess enough taxation education and /or experience to warrant this reputation of prowess is a debatable...