Dee Lee: Author Dispels 401(k) Myths
- Your Retirement Companion. Slesnick, Twila; Suttle, John C. // IRAs, 401(k)s & Other Retirement Plans;Jun2013, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss the tax rules for individual retirement accounts (IRAs), 401(k) plans, and other types of retirement plans in the U.S.
- 900-Page Pension Law Includes Tax Changes. Rodgers, James E. // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);12/7/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p6
The article offers information on the revisions made to the U.S. Pension Protection Act of 2006 concerning funding rules for pension plans. The act was signed into law by U.S. President George W. Bush on August 17. Highlights of changes include higher contribution limits to various pension plans...
- Auto-enroll puts participants on auto-pilot. Blassingame, Kelley M. // Employee Benefit News;Sep2001, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p51
Discusses the disadvantages of automatically enrolling employees in the companies' 401(k) plans. Views of Wayne Bogosia, president of the Personal Finance Education Group in Massachusetts; Details on the study findings of analysts at Hewitt Associates; Suggestions for employers to have an...
- IRA Rollovers: Stashing Your Retirement Nest Egg. // Aging News Alert;1/30/2009, p11
The article discusses the advantages and disadvantages of rolling over an individual retirement accounts (IRA). An important benefit of rolling over an IRA is that it permits a surviving spouse to continue smoothly with an IRA account or merge that into his or her own IRA. Another benefit of IRA...
- The ABCs of retirement plans. Fraser, Jill Andresky // Inc.;Apr97, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p103
Offers a guide to retirement plans. Individual retirement accounts; 401 (K) plans; Simple 401 (k) plans; Simplified employee pension plans; How they work; Hassles; Benefits; Costs. INSET: Before you choose..
- PRACTICE GROWTH. // Accounting Technology;Oct2005 Supplement 2, Vol. 21, p5
Provides information related to investment products in the U.S. Comparison between the funded pension plans of U.S. and Great Britain; Impact of firms with superior recruiting practices on those with less effective programs; Details of the article written by Hugh Bromma, CEO of Entrust Bank &...
- Incentives abound for solo 401(k). McChesney, Charles // Business Journal (Central New York);1/28/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p11
Reports on the introduction of 401(k), a retirement-savings plan for the self-employed in the U.S. Advantages of 401(k) over traditional retirement savings plan; Requirements for the plan; Costs and options for individual plans.
- Expectations of Offerings, Service in 401(k) Plans on the Rise. Papini, Jessica // Money Management Executive;11/6/2006, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p5
The article reports developments pertaining to the 401(k) plan which is a type of employer-sponsored retirement plan in the U.S. The administrators of 401(k) plans have been strategizing to decide what products to offer and how to capture Baby Boomer assets. At the end of 2005, retirement plans...
- Three Areas for Future Growth. Marcus, Daniel // Financial Planning;Apr2002, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p126
Deals with several retirement planning tools. Concerns with the stability of 401(k) plans; Significance of long-term care products; Features added to variable annuities to attract investors.