Hindustan Unilever Limited SWOT Analysis
- HUL Loses Ground. ALVARES, CLIFFORD // Business Today;6/14/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p78
The article focuses on the effect of the changing market dynamics in the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) business. The overall volume sales growth has risen to around 30% in March 2009 as compared to 20% in 2008. It is stated that companies with larger distribution network are more affected by...
- HUL's royalty payment increases remains a more pressing concern for long-term investors. // FRPT- FMCG Snapshot;2/2/2014, p28
The article talks about Indian fast moving consumer goods company Hindustan Unilever as barometer for the state of the consumption sector. Topics include the company's performance as reflection of the state of the sector, the impact on the company as sales in both rural and urban markets have...
- HUL, Britannia, Marico forced to hike prices; revenue growth likely to be around 11-12%. // FRPT- FMCG Snapshot;4/27/2014, p35
The article discusses the likelihood of fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) companies reporting lower sales in the January-March 2014 quarter due to limited consumer spending, economic slowdown and high prices in India. Topics discussed include slow down in premiumisation trend in most segments,...
- HUL does not expect demand to revive soon; expects only 3% growth for last Quarter. // FMCG Snapshot;2/23/2014, p27
The article focuses on Indian fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) manufacturer Hindustan Unilever Ltd.'s (HUL) expected sales volume growth for the March 2014 quarter. Topics discussed include expected pressures on revenue growth, the impact of higher input costs and weak demand, and comparisons...
- Hindustan Unilever blames the rising temperature for fungi-ridden bread. // FMCG Snapshot;2/23/2014, p37
The article reports on consumer goods company Hindustan Unilever Ltd.'s (HUL) statement that increasing temperature in India caused the growth of fungus on some bread products in April 2014. Topics discussed include moldy bread purchased by a Bangalore businessman from a Nagasandra shop, the...
- HUL net up 15% in Q4 at Rs 787 crore. // Chemical Business;May2013, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p57
The article reports on the 15 percent net profit increase recorded by fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) company Hindustan Unilever Ltd. for the fourth quarter of 2012.
- HUL Buyback May Lead to a Growing Delisting Trend Amongst FMCG Majors. // FRPT- FMCG Snapshot;7/1/2013, p15
The article suggests the possibility of the buyback offer for consumer goods company Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (HUL) to lead to a growing delisting trend among fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) companies, as told by Vikram Dhawan, director at advisory and analytics firm Equents Capital.
- HUL to shift focus to rural markets, innovation and digital media; Especially towards oral care, personal products and soaps & detergents. // FRPT- FMCG Snapshot;6/8/2014, p15
The article reports on the greater focus of consumer goods manufacturer Hindustan Unilever on rural markets, innovation and digital media in the remainder of 2014 after its posted its lowest volume growth in two years.
- Amid slump, FMCG companies pamper the price-conscious; Improve speed of delivery, introduce smaller packs, create greater value. // FRPT- FMCG Snapshot;5/11/2014, p18
The article reports on the move of fast-moving consumer goods companies in India, including Hindustan Unilever Ltd., to take value packs to categories beyond soaps, shampoos and detergents, to get price-conscious consumers amid slump.