- Technical assistance. McKENNA, IAN // Money Marketing;10/13/2011, p61
The article discusses the author's views on the role of technology in self-directed approach taken by consumers in financial planning. He explains that investment advisors need to place robust systems to convince older consumers who have conservative approaches in financial decisions. The author...
- Confessions of a cheapskate. Frankel, Valerie // Self;Mar2006, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p38
The article relates the author's experience as an economical person. Her friends mocked her for her cheapness. Before going to bed, she always tally her income versus expenses in her head. She consulted a certified financial planner about her money behavior especially when her daughter was...
- STAT BANK. // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p28
This section presents statistics related to financial planning as of November 2002. 5,000 is how low Bill Gross, manager of the largest bond fund in the world, believes the Dow must fall for stocks to be fairly priced, $1 billion is the revenue generated by the Rolling Stones since 1989 from...
- STAT BANK. // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p23
This section presents statistics that relate to financial planning in the U.S., as of September 2003.
- UK savings set to rocket by 2008. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;May 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p88
Looks into the status of household savings and investments in Great Britain. Factor implicated to be the cause of the slow growth rate of household savings and investments; Reason behind the decrease in consumers who are taking investment risks; Forecast on the rate of household savings and...
- Getting too comfortable with gaps in risk insurance. Laing, Sue // Money Management;6/24/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p18
Discusses gaps in risk insurance in Australia. Major gaps in income protection; Designs of standard industry gaps; Advise to financial planners.
- money matters. Kinney, Derrick // Fort Worth Business Press;5/2/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p23
Offers tips on making financial plans and investments. Forms of risk; Need to evaluate and set goals; Importance of diversification of portfolio.
- Product News. // Money Management;2/23/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p29
The article presents several funds in Australia. The Centro Direct Property Fund has been admitted to the Summit platform. Colonial First State has expanded the range of products available on the FirstChoice platform. Two pension products are available to Sunsuper members.
- Mining the Mother Lode. Twibell, David A. // Financial Planning;Mar2005, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p105
Assesses the prospects for the rise of gold and gold-related investments in the U.S. Increase of gold prices from January 2002 to December 2004; Factors that contributed to the increase of gold prices in the country; Suggestions to financial advisers in increasing their client's exposure to...