- Security Insecurity. // Louisville Magazine;May2006, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p8
The article presents information on the social security investments for old age people in the United States. President George W. Bush wasted most of the winter trying to convince people that there should be the need for more freedom to control the investments for retirement. If the Bush...
- INVESTMENTS. Marosi, James // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/2/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p32
Focuses on retirement savings plan. Disadvantage of relying on Social Security in planning retirement; Advantage of employer-sponsored plan; Benefits of depositing money in individual retirement account.
- How to Take Required Distributions: Retirement Scan. // Financial-planning.com;8/17/2015, p1
Taking a required minimum distribution from a retirement account to satisfy the RMD of another account is allowed only if both accounts are traditional noninherited IRAs or noninherited 403(b) plans; Plus, how to decide between a 401(k) and an IRA when saving for retirement.
- VERITY'S VIEW. Verity, Andrew // Money Marketing;10/16/2003, p40
Delves into the issue of the pension program in Great Britain. Debate that pensioners must share in the growing prosperity of the region; Question on the reliability of a means test for income support; Recommendation of Steve Bee from Royal London regarding pension.
- Chapter 9: Required Minimum Distributions (RMD). // Complete Guide to IRAs & IRA Investing: Wealth Building Strategi;2009, p211
Chapter 9 of the book "Complete Guide To IRAs and IRA Investing: Wealth Building Strategies Revealed" is presented. This chapter discusses the Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) on Individual Retirement Arrangement (IRA). It notes that workers must start taking their RMD, the specific amount of...
- Easing the bite on retirement savings. Farber, Lawrence // Medical Economics;2/16/2007, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p48
The article offers recommendations on how to expand the deductible contributions for 2006 on retirement savings. It is stated that exceptions to the annual limits on plan contributions may allow retirees to add to the amount put in for 2006. Setting a Simplified Employee Pension is also...
- The life YOU WANT. Leininger, Steven E. // Dental Practice Report;Nov2006, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p59
The article offers suggestions for financial planning in order to become financially stable during retirement in the U.S. According to the author, an employee should define his wants and needs so that he can determine his post-retirement lifestyle and adjust his savings. In addition, the person...
- Vested interest. // NYSUT United;10/4/2010, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p31
The article presents questions and answers related to the Employees' Retirement System (ERS) in the U.S. including the provisions of the vested benefits of the ERS, the qualified age to receive the vested benefits of the ERS, and how to get further information about the ERS.
- Typical Working Households Have Little Retirement Savings. Moore, Rebecca // Plan Advisor News;2015, p22
The article focuses on a study by the National Institute on Retirement Security (NIRS), which found that nearly 40 million working-age households, or about 45% of all working-age households in the U.S., do not own any retirement account assets. Topics discussed include a critical role that...