TEN YEARS AGO AT THE INSTITUTE
- Proposed Amendments to the Regulatory Flexibility Act Concerning Issuance of Tax Regulations. // Tax Executive;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p529
Reports on a study on proposed amendments to the Regulatory Flexibility Act in the United States concerning issuance of tax regulations. Background; Discussion; Conclusion.
- Simple majority is best threshold for passing bills, key senator says. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;09/24/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30733, p34
Focuses on a proposed amendment to California's constitution that would allow cities and counties to raise or extend sales tax levies with a simple majority vote. Legislator Betty Karnette's views on the importance of the amendment to the state's future economy; Key provisions; Uses of sales...
- Governor Seeks Finance Reform. // Education Week;3/5/1986, Vol. 5 Issue 25, p4
The article reports on the plans of Oregon Governor Victor G. Atiyeh to lead a campaign for the amendment of the state constitution and to establish a new tax bases in local school districts. In his speech at a civic group, Atiyeh stressed the need to ensure the quality of education in the...
- The CPA Journal seeks planning tips. // CPA Journal;Feb1994, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p57
Reports on the plan of `CPA Journal' to publish articles on tax planning opportunities and strategies under the Revenue Reconciliation Act of 1993.
- AARP urges voters to pass Constitutional Amendment. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);5/2/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p8
The article reports on the initiatives of the American Association of Retired Persons to encourage Texas voters to support a constitutional amendment giving seniors and disabled homeowners the same property tax reductions as other homeowners.
- PUBLIC NOTICE. // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);3/15/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p5
A public notice is presented that explains the proposed Constitutional amendment concerning the taxation of elderly and disabled taxpayers, which will be put to vote on the May 12, 2007 special election in Aspermont, Texas.
- Some Positive, Some Negative Signals in Local Balloting. // Education Week;11/16/1988, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p12
The article reports on the refusal by voters in Dade County, Florida to grant taxing authority to the Juvenile Welfare Board they had authorized on an amendment to the county charter. Proponents of the measure was regarded unusually with high voter turnout, combined with a lack of public...
- Interdependency: just the two of us. Fannin, Sean // Money Management;3/2/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p24
The article reports on the amendment of superannuation and taxation legislation by introducing additional matters that can be considered to determine whether an interdependency relationship exists between two people in Australia. The amendment has an impact on individuals and members of...
- NOT SO BLUE-RIBBON. Goodman, Josh // Governing;Jul2008, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p18
The article discusses the amendment of errors present in the Florida Constitution. Taxation and Budget Reform Commission is required by the constitution to convene every 20 years to deal with the imperfection of state tax laws. According to the author, the commission studied the constitution and...