- Company match has break point. Philip, Christine // Pensions & Investments;5/16/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the findings of a survey of 109 401(K) plans by William M. Mercer Incorporated. Average participation rate among non-highly compensated employees when the employer made a 50% match on employee contributions; Average participation rate for plans with a 100% employer match.
- By the Numbers: 401(k) Assets at Record Levels'. // Best's Review;Jun2011, Vol. 112 Issue 2, p16
Statistics are presented on the record levels of 401(k) assets at the end of 2010 including the 3.075 trillion dollars assets, the 13% increase in assets, and the 536,000 number of plans in 2010.
- When should you rebalance your 401(k)? Fairley, Bill // Fort Worth Business Press;12/28/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p18
The article discusses ways to manage and periodically rebalance investments in a 401(k) retirement savings plan in the U.S. The 401(k) plan is designed to help one save for retirement, offering chances for the money to grow. A review is suggested to be done at least once a year, and every time...
- No Gender Gap in Retirement Investments. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;May99, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p87
Focuses on the study `Making the Most of 401(k) Plans: Who's Choosing What and Why,' by Robert Clark of North Carolina State University College of Management. Research findings; How the study was conducted.
- Retiring a Nagging Problem. Jepsen, Cara // Crain's Chicago Business;09/13/99, Vol. 22 Issue 37, pSB6
Presents information on alternatives to 401(k) programs that can be offered by small businesses to their employees in the United States. Savings Incentive Match Plans for Employees of Small Employers (SIMPLE); Simplified Employee Pensions (SEP); Features of SIMPLE and SEP; Resources for...
- 401(k) review and rollover can be rewarding. Marable, Don // Fort Worth Business Press;2/28/2011, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p13
The article urges an annual review of one's 401(k) to get maximum benefits out of the plan, and presents a list of factors in determining the right investment mix including one's age, goals, and other sources of retirement income.
- Hidden 401(k) fees can kill retirement savings. Skarbeck, Ken // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/19/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 42, p24
The article presents the author's views on the effects of the hidden 401(k) fees to the retirement savings in the U.S.
- Savers Egged On by Forecasts. WANG, PENELOPE // Money;Aug2013, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p18
The article focuses on a study which examined the impact of increasing 401(k) contributions on retirement income.
- Fees for 401(k) Plans Can Make a Difference. Mie-Yun Lee // Business Journal (Central New York);10/06/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 40, p11
Reports on the effects of 401(k) plan fees and expenses on employees' retirement earnings in the United States. Example from the United States Department of Labor; Things to consider in pension plans.