DISPERSAL, DETERRENCE, AND DAMAGE
- 'The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.'. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jun2013, Vol. 139 Issue 6, p96
A photograph depicting a carrier air group led by Douglas TBD-1 Devastator torpedo planes roaring past a line of battleships and their escorting destroyers during fleet exercises in the Pacific Ocean during the World War II is presented.
- Hemingway Reports Spain. Hemingway, Ernest // New Republic;6/8/38, Vol. 95 Issue 1227, p124
Relates the experience of the author during the war in Spain. Attack of the Heinkel light bombers protected by Messerchmidt pursuit planes; Struggles experience by the author entering Lerida; Meeting of the author with the first group of refugees after passing the old Roman walls of Tarragona.
- Reports: Letter from Dresden. Clark, Robert S. // Hudson Review;Winter1986, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p534
The letter presents the author's experiences of visiting the city of Dresden that was attacked by British and American bombers in 1945. Dresden was holding a season-long celebration of the reopening of its gem of an opera house that was destroyed on the evening of February 13, 1945, as three...
- THEY FLEW FOR FRANCO. Musciano, Walter A. // Aviation History;Sep2004, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p30
Discusses an air battle in Spain. During the first week of July 1937, the German Condor Legion launched a spectacular coordinated attack on Spanish Republican forces at the Battle of Brunete, about 15 miles west of Madrid in Spain. Messerschmitt Bf-109B fighters flew top cover to maintain air...
- THE KOREAN WAR AT 50. Hymel, Kevin M. // Army Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p16
Chronicles the events of October 1951 during the Korean War. Segregation of the United States Eight Army; Advance to the Jamestown Line in Operation Commando; Attack of fighter-bombers on communist troops.
- AIRLINES. Moffett, Jim; Whitby, Steve; Scheil, Joe; Marks, Ron // Air Classics;Jan2008, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p48
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to previous articles including "Barney's War" in the November 2007 issue, "Aluminum Falcon" in the November 2007 issue" and "Airlines" in the December 2007 issue.
- Legacy of Flight. Siegel, Nan // Aviation History;Sep2004, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p74
On a clear fall day, a group of biplane bombers bore down on USS Alabama, anchored southwest of Tangier Island, with deadly intent. Launched in 1898 and a veteran of U.S. Navy recruit training operations during World War I, the Illinois-class battleship was about to be attacked by U.S. aircraft....
- Precision B-1B Strike on Kosovo. LOPEZ, FREDERICK R. // Officer Review Magazine;Oct2013, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p4
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of his involvement with the B1B Bomber operations during the Kosovo War. INSET: ALE-50 TOWED DECOY SYSTEM.
- CHRONICLE. // America;10/21/1939, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p40
The article offers news briefs related to politics as of October 1939. Attorney General Murphy did not heed to the request of the U.S. Senate to give a statement on the President's emergency powers during times of war. Albert B. Chandler has resigned as governor of Kentucky and was appointed to...