Out of Bounds
- Northern Ireland asked to embrace non-profit PPPs. Gosling, Paul // Public Finance;5/24/2002, p9
Reports the approval of public-private partnerships in Northern Ireland. Involvement of not-for-profit enterprises in the social partnerships; Suitability for public service delivery; Role of voluntary and community sector in joint ventures with non-profit distributing entities.
- PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS: ACCOUNTABILITY AND GOVERNANCE. Greiling, Dorthea; Halachmi, Arie // Public Administration Quarterly;Summer2012, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p133
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss several topics within the issue, including information on the governance of public-private partnerships (PPPs), collaboration between organizations to address global health, and PPPs and non-profit organizations.
- ORGANIZATIONAL MODELS FOR ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT. Whitehead, William T.; Ady, Robert M. // Economic Development Review;Winter89, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p8
No abstract available.
- Support of nonprofits: To talk about it or not talk about it. Cole, Sue; Cole, Bob // Westchester County Business Journal;5/26/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 21, pS13
The authors reflect on the issue whether a business should publicly discuss its support of a nonprofit organization or not. They note that public airings of how a business collaborates with a nonprofit are good for both partners since they will help people and geographic region. They believe...
- Marketing a downtown takes partnerships. Delgado, Steve // Inside Tucson Business;4/28/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 46, p13
Reports on the revitalization and marketing of the city of Berkeley, California through private and public partnerships. Promotion of the city by the Downtown Berkeley Association (DBA); Roles of James Keene and Tom Nieman in the city's revitalization; Public and private investments in the...
- Blending commerce and public policy. // Railway Age;Sep2008, Vol. 209 Issue 9, p20
The article focuses on OnTrackAmerica 2020, a not-for-profit organization founded by Michael Sussman, president of Strategic Rail Finance. OnTrack America 2020 is described as a public-private partnership for the intelligent growth of North American rail transportation. According to Sussman, the...
- Poised for the Future. // njbiz;10/6/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p19
No abstract available.
- September 11, 1001 Crisis Coordination. Kapucu, Naim // PA Times;May2004, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p3
Comments on public and non-profit partnerships in emergency and crisis management in the U.S. since the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. Collective action in emergencies; Significant services offered by non-profit organizations after the attack; Formation of the September 11th Fund in...
- Nine Small Advocacy Tips that Can Make a Big Difference. Carrasco, Michael J. // Nonprofit World;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p20
The article offers tips for non-profit organizations in legislative advocacy. Nonprofits should prepare before meeting with the legislator concerned by studying the relevant issues and laws. The talking points should be summarized in one page for distribution to the lawmaker before the meeting....