Out of Bounds
- Northern Ireland asked to embrace non-profit PPPs. Gosling, Paul // Public Finance;5/24/2002, p9
Reports the approval of public-private partnerships in Northern Ireland. Involvement of not-for-profit enterprises in the social partnerships; Suitability for public service delivery; Role of voluntary and community sector in joint ventures with non-profit distributing entities.
- PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS: ACCOUNTABILITY AND GOVERNANCE. Greiling, Dorthea; Halachmi, Arie // Public Administration Quarterly;Summer2012, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p133
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss several topics within the issue, including information on the governance of public-private partnerships (PPPs), collaboration between organizations to address global health, and PPPs and non-profit organizations.
- ORGANIZATIONAL MODELS FOR ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT. Whitehead, William T.; Ady, Robert M. // Economic Development Review;Winter89, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p8
No abstract available.
- Support of nonprofits: To talk about it or not talk about it. Cole, Sue; Cole, Bob // Westchester County Business Journal;5/26/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 21, pS13
The authors reflect on the issue whether a business should publicly discuss its support of a nonprofit organization or not. They note that public airings of how a business collaborates with a nonprofit are good for both partners since they will help people and geographic region. They believe...
- Marketing a downtown takes partnerships. Delgado, Steve // Inside Tucson Business;4/28/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 46, p13
Reports on the revitalization and marketing of the city of Berkeley, California through private and public partnerships. Promotion of the city by the Downtown Berkeley Association (DBA); Roles of James Keene and Tom Nieman in the city's revitalization; Public and private investments in the...
- Blending commerce and public policy. // Railway Age;Sep2008, Vol. 209 Issue 9, p20
The article focuses on OnTrackAmerica 2020, a not-for-profit organization founded by Michael Sussman, president of Strategic Rail Finance. OnTrack America 2020 is described as a public-private partnership for the intelligent growth of North American rail transportation. According to Sussman, the...
- OMAHA, NEBRASKA. HARRIS, JULIE // American Bicyclist;Jan/Feb2014, p18
The article offers information on bicycling in Omaha, Nebraska. Omaha created a public-private partnership of organizations, government agencies and advocates to promote bicycling. In the year 2006, Live Well Omaha, a nonprofit organization launched a bicycle commuter challenge to encourage...
- Poised for the Future. // njbiz;10/6/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p19
Deals with public-private partnerships for revitalization efforts in Newark, New Jersey. Commitment of nonprofit Newark Alliance to the rebirth of the city as a regional center for business, performing arts and higher education; Success of the organization in collaboration for redevelopment;...
- September 11, 1001 Crisis Coordination. Kapucu, Naim // PA Times;May2004, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p3
Comments on public and non-profit partnerships in emergency and crisis management in the U.S. since the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. Collective action in emergencies; Significant services offered by non-profit organizations after the attack; Formation of the September 11th Fund in...