Out of Bounds
- Northern Ireland asked to embrace non-profit PPPs. Gosling, Paul // Public Finance;5/24/2002, p9
Reports the approval of public-private partnerships in Northern Ireland. Involvement of not-for-profit enterprises in the social partnerships; Suitability for public service delivery; Role of voluntary and community sector in joint ventures with non-profit distributing entities.
- PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS: ACCOUNTABILITY AND GOVERNANCE. Greiling, Dorthea; Halachmi, Arie // Public Administration Quarterly;Summer2012, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p133
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss several topics within the issue, including information on the governance of public-private partnerships (PPPs), collaboration between organizations to address global health, and PPPs and non-profit organizations.
- ORGANIZATIONAL MODELS FOR ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT. Whitehead, William T.; Ady, Robert M. // Economic Development Review;Winter89, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p8
No abstract available.
- OMAHA, NEBRASKA. HARRIS, JULIE // American Bicyclist;Jan/Feb2014, p18
The article offers information on bicycling in Omaha, Nebraska. Omaha created a public-private partnership of organizations, government agencies and advocates to promote bicycling. In the year 2006, Live Well Omaha, a nonprofit organization launched a bicycle commuter challenge to encourage...
- Marketing a downtown takes partnerships. Delgado, Steve // Inside Tucson Business;4/28/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 46, p13
Reports on the revitalization and marketing of the city of Berkeley, California through private and public partnerships. Promotion of the city by the Downtown Berkeley Association (DBA); Roles of James Keene and Tom Nieman in the city's revitalization; Public and private investments in the...
- Introduction: The Nonprofitization of the Welfare State. Salamon, Lester // Voluntas: International Journal of Voluntary & Nonprofit Organiz;Dec2015, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p2147
This brief article introduces the Special Issue 'Unlikely Partners? Evolving Government-Nonprofit Relationships, East and West', which calls attention to a growing pattern of 'nonprofitization' of the welfare state in countries stretching from Western Europe, through Central Europe and Russia,...
- Blending commerce and public policy. // Railway Age;Sep2008, Vol. 209 Issue 9, p20
The article focuses on OnTrackAmerica 2020, a not-for-profit organization founded by Michael Sussman, president of Strategic Rail Finance. OnTrack America 2020 is described as a public-private partnership for the intelligent growth of North American rail transportation. According to Sussman, the...
- Support of nonprofits: To talk about it or not talk about it. Cole, Sue; Cole, Bob // Westchester County Business Journal;5/26/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 21, pS13
The authors reflect on the issue whether a business should publicly discuss its support of a nonprofit organization or not. They note that public airings of how a business collaborates with a nonprofit are good for both partners since they will help people and geographic region. They believe...
- Guest Editors' Introduction. ANHEIER, HELMUT K.; KRLEV, GORGI // International Studies of Management & Organization;2015, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p193
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss the management and governance of hybrid organizations including the private-public partnership, the goal set and mission between the for-profit and nonprofit and the challenges of governance and management.