Don't mention the p-word
- Kingdom of Leather shows off new look. // Cabinet Maker;8/16/2002, Issue 5300, p2
Reports on the unveiling of the revised store format of Kingdom of Leather in Lakeside shopping center in England.
- Amazing Silks expands store, also to add accent furniture. // Journal of Business (10756124);07/13/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 15, pA9
Reports the expansion plans of Amazing Silks Inc., a retailer of decorative accessories, silk flowers and plants in Spokane, Washington.
- A purposeful path. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;10/11/2002, Issue 5308, p1
Comments on the business strategy of the cabinet maker Kingdom of Leather in Great Britain. Transformation of the interiors of the store; Principles of direction in the business; Impact of the strategy on the business.
- KoL stores for sale confusion. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;9/9/2005, Issue 5455, p4
Reports on the proposed sale of three of Kingdom of Leather's six furniture stores in Great Britain. Alteration of the company's strategy; Selection of higher profile stores which better fit the Natuzzi furniture in the same locations; Performance of the company in the country's retail market.
- Sue Fisher King expands to showcase more categories. Lillo, Andrea // Home Textiles Today;10/8/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p54
Reports the expansion plans of the luxury home retailer Sue Fisher King in San Francisco, California. Ability to display more categories and products; Focus of the location on top-of the-bed products; Objective in building another space.
- Sears: Upsurge In Majap Sales. Wolf, Alan // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/15/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p34
Reports on the increase in same-store sales of Sears in August 2003. Percentage of increase in sales during the month; Components of the business strategy of the company which was launched in August 2003; Number of Great Indoors home furnishing locations that will be shutdown in 2003.
- Ikea plans Dallas-area store. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;1/26/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p96
Reports on the plans of furnishings company Ikea to open a store in Dallas, Texas. Efforts of the company to promote business in the U.S. market; Details of the economic development agreement entered by the company with the city; Impact of the move on the operations of Ikea.
- Ikea opens store in Mass., sets 2 units for Japan. // Furniture/Today;9/12/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p10
Reports that Ikea, the Swedish home furnishings giant, is planning to open a furniture store in Stoughton, Massachusetts on November 9, 2005 and two furniture stores in Japan in 2006.
- Vendors like LHFI's new plan. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;5/10/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 35, p36
Reports on vendors' support to the plans of furniture retailer Levitz Home Furnishings Inc. in the United States. Growth and revitalization plans for the Levitz and Seaman's furniture store formats; Action plans; Improvement in logistics.