- BHK of America's Perspective. Sypkens, Chad // Wood & Wood Products;Oct2002, Vol. 107 Issue 11, p46
Features the family-owned drawer manufacturing firm BHK of America. History of the establishment of the firm; Growth of the company; Venture of the company into industrial wood products. INSET: Three Keys to a Successful Partnership.
- Family Business. // New Yorker;4/29/91, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p29
Focuses on operations at Albert Constantine & Son woodworking supplies in New York City. Description of the store; Notable customers; History of this family-owned business.
- AuSable Woodworking Company. // Souvenirs, Gifts, & Novelties;Aug/Sep2009, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p146
The article profiles AuSable Woodworking Co., the oldest family-owned souvenir manufacturing company in the U.S. having been in the business for over 80 years. The company is presented owned by Jim Madill and his sisters Dianne Thomas, Joan Kaiser and Margaret Partello. AuSable Woodworking Co....
- IMPERIAL WOODWORKS INC. PREACHES QUALITY, SERVICE. Petersen, Chris // Manufacturing Today;May/Jun2007, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p108
The article profiles Imperial Woodworks Inc., a church pew manufacturer based from Waco, Texas. Imperial is a family-owned business, with Steve Smith as president. The company operates out of a 120,000-square-foot manufacturing facility that incorporates state-of-the-art equipment. Its business...
- Keeping it in The Family. King, Carol // Art Business News;Jan2004 Supplement, Vol. 31, p12
Presents an update on the expansion of the family business of Kendall-Hartcraft. Success in the wooden ready-made frames and wood moldings business; Importance of maintaining ethics and business savvy; Addition of the second Art Mart retail location; Goal of wholesales growth and expansion;...
- FAMILY-OWNED BUSINESSES. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2009 Book of Lists, p82
A list of the top family-owned businesses in Las Vegas, Nevada for 2009 ranked by number of employees is presented, including Whittlesea-Bell Transportation, Jerry's Nugget Casino and Letizia Cos.
- Bringing in outsiders gives family business a boost. Shanoff, Barry S. // World Wastes;Aug97, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p10
Features the strategy used by a Middle West family-owned waste handling firm in motivating and rewarding key, non-family employees without surrendering ownership. Advantages of hiring outside help; Compensations and benefits that can be offered to non-family employees; Offering of phantom-stock...
- It's `all in the families'. // Baylor Business Review;Spring1994, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the programs and awards initiated by Baylor University's Baugh Center for Entrepreneurship to support family-owned businesses in Texas. Family Business Conference; Family Business Award; Family Values Award; Innovative Family Business Concept. INSET: Would you like to nominate...
- Family employees deserve support. Mennen, William G. // Business News New Jersey;09/22/97, Vol. 10 Issue 32, p18
Presents information on members of families, and their involvement in family businesses. Information on the need for a family employment policy; Why families in business should lend support to each other; What the employment of family members should be based on; Why members of families should...