- Alaska Birch Makes the Birch. Nicholls, David; Donovan, Geof // Wood & Wood Products;Nov2002, Vol. 107 Issue 12, p83
Examines the consumer preferences for Alaska Birch to be used for kitchen cabinet. Assessment on the potential market opportunities of Alaska birch for solid wood products; Concern of lumber producers and consumers on the defects of Alaska birch; Popularity of spalted lumber for kitchen end tables.
- Red Alder Stacks Up to Other Hardwoods. Nicholls, David; Donovan, Geof; Roos, Joe // Wood & Wood Products;Oct2003, Vol. 108 Issue 11, p61
Examines the use of red adler hardwood in cabinets. Comparison of the red adler with other commercial hardwoods; Measurement of consumer preferences; Assessment of market share.
- Taking Stock. Dilger, Heather // Kitchen & Bath Business;Nov2004, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p28
Comments on the increasing popularity of stock cabinets as an option for kitchen remodeling. Views of several designers on the preference of customers for these cabinets; Benefits of using the cabinets to designers; Opinion of Vanessa Bramlett of Cabinet Designs on the introduction of quality...
- How does species name affect consumer choice? An analysis and implications for cabinet door marketers. Roos, Joseph A.; Donovan, Geof; Nicholls, David // Forest Products Journal;May2005, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p21
Consumers choose products based on various tangible and intangible attributes. Previous research has shown that there is a difference between appearance-based and word-based evaluations of wood species. However, little research has been done on how this difference affects consumer choice. This...
- CCN International. // Contract;May2004, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p51
In addition to fine crafted design and workmanship, CCN provides a unique ability to respond to specific customer requirements including size modifications, custom finish matching, specialized storage and exotic veneers. Manufacturing details including the finest hardwood solids& veneers...
- At-Home Retreats. Albert, Stacy Durr // Log Home Living;Jul2009, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p19
The article discusses trends in kitchen and bathroom designs and supplies. Ecologically friendly products for kitchens and bathrooms continue to be popular. Consumers prefer seamless, streamlined cabinets, polished cabinetry and specialized gadgets such as built-in audio systems and liquid...
- Thing to consider: Custom closet systems. // Wood Digest;Oct2005, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p72
The article focuses on the trends in closet cabinetry. Since the addition of drawers raises the price of a closet system, there are less expensive ways to get around them. The things that drives up the cost of a closet is the type of material used; the absolute size of the closet; the number of...
- Time estimation and orientation mediated by transient mood. Hornik, Jacob // Journal of Socio-Economics;Fall92, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p209
Reports on the impact of temporary affective states on consumers' temporal judgements. Consumer temporal judgements as a central issue in consumer behavior research; Effects of mood on subjects' time perception and orientation.
- Don't waste their time. // Marketing Tools;Oct96, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p32
Presents a list of time-wasters that turn off consumers and business-to-business customers. Includes slow checkout lines and confusing displays in retail stores; Confusing and hard to understand advertising; Returning of merchandise bought from direct marketers; Lack of picture of products or...