Ikea blames planning laws for expansion delay
- Ikea sets Atlanta store for 2005. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;9/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p2
Reports on the plan of Swedish home furnishings company Ikea AB to build stores in Georgia and other places in the Southeast region of the United States. Proposed size of the land to be occupied in Atlanta, Georgia and the expected season which the company's store is to be constructed for...
- Furnishing some new ideas. Sloan, Carole // Home Textiles Today;4/1/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p20
Reports the market performance of IKEA AB in the home furnishings industry in the U.S. Awareness of president Pernille Spiers-Lopez on the needs of customers; Dedication of the business to product development; Pride of the company for having stable in-house and outside designers contributing to...
- Architest. // Building Design;12/1/2006, Issue 1749, p28
A quiz about the home furnishing firm Ikea is presented.
- Ikea again eyes large Tokyo store. // Furniture/Today;7/15/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p28
Reports on the plan of Swedish home furnishing retailer Ikea AB to enter the Japanese furniture market.
- IKEA Has Georgia On Its Mind. Valley, Matt // National Real Estate Investor;Oct2003, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p6
Focuses on the plan of IKEA AB, the Swedish home furnishings retailer, to build a two-story store at the western edge of the urban redevelopment project in Georgia. Schedule for the construction of the building; Corporate background of IKEA; Typical trade area for IKEA.
- IKEA: Visionary brand building through employees. Martenson, Rita // European Retail Digest;Sep2001, Issue 31, p32
Provides information on home furnishing company IKEA. Corporate culture; Factors which contributed to the success of its business; Challenges faced by the company in its plans for global expansion.
- IKEA Does Dixie. // Chain Store Age;Nov2003, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p116
Reports on the plan of home-furnishings retailer IKEA to purchase an outparcel at Atlantic Station in Atlanta, Georgia for its store project in 2004. Features of the Atlanta store; Expansion plans of IKEA.
- Ikea focusing on kids, families with new initiative. Kitchen, Jane // Kids Today;Jul2003, p41
Reports on the target market of the home furnishings store Ikea AB in North America. Focus of the company on families; Contributions of Mark Lewis to the company; Product mix of the company.
- Despite SARS fears, Ikea moves ahead in China. Kern, Tanja // Home Channel News;5/19/2003, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p4
Reports on the expansion projects of home furnishings retailer Ikea AB in China. Operation of additional stores; Impact of the severe acute respiratory syndrome on the sales performance of the company; Factors influencing the growth of the company in China.