M&S ejoys mini boom
- Division split offs lift market hopes. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;3/31/2006, Issue 5481, p6
The article reports on the profitability of home furnishing retail stores in Great Britain compiled as of March 2006, citing the financial benefits of the division of Experian credit checking from the Argos/Homebase retail group. Marks & Spencer's gain easily lifted shares above popular price...
- M&S unveils homecare plan to regain lost customers. // Marketing Week;2/8/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 53, p6
Reports on the launching of the houseware product line of Marks and Spencer. Strategy of the company to win back customers; Design of the collection.
- M&S: No Home roll-out. Stanton, Justin // Housewares;Nov/Dec97, Issue 137, p6
States that Marks and Spencers (M&S) ruled out the possibility of a national roll-out of M&S Home, its homewares concept. Comment of M&S chairman on the Home store in York, England; Lessons learned by the company; Sales of the company; Financial status of the company.
- M&S to shrink furniture offer. // Cabinet Maker;9/24/2004, Issue 5407, p6
Reports on Marks & Spencer's confirmation that furniture will play a smaller role in homewares after sales dropped as a result of its venture into contemporary design and the Lifestore store format.
- MAKRS & SPENCER: M&S home sales down for Q3. // Cabinet Maker;1/13/2012, Issue 5770, p10
The article reports that the home furnishing products of Marks & Spencer PLC have declined by 13.3% in 13 weeks until December 31, 2011 in Great Britain.
- Marks & Spencer Still Under Stress. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/24/2001, Vol. 181 Issue 16, p13
Reports on the performance of British apparel company Marks & Spencer PLC in the eight weeks ended January 20, 2001. Decline in sales of the company's clothing, footwear, and gifts divisions; Apparel sales during Christmas 2000; Analysts' assessment of the company's performance.
- Marks & Spencer profits bounce back. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;10/18/2002, Issue 5309, p4
Reports on the increase in the sales of Marks & Spencer PLC in Great Britain. Increment in the profit forecast of analysts for the company; Growth of the shares of the company; Decrease in the shares of Allders.
- New home concept helping M&S, but profits fall in H1. // Cabinet Maker;11/9/2012, Issue 5812, p10
The article reports that the number of customers shopping in Marks & Spencer PLC's home department has doubled in the stores which include its new Home format and also reports that the company showed a 10 percent decline in pre-tax profits for the first half of 2012.
- News. // Estates Gazette;5/23/2015, Issue 839, p03
The article reports on the increase in the profit of retailer Marks & Spencer in the period ended March 28, 2015.