Furniture is bright spot for Beale
- Beales reveals profit boost. // Cabinet Maker;7/2/2010, Issue 5694, p6
The article reports on the 67% increase in the profits of department store Beale PLC as of July 2010.
- Beales feels effect of administrations. // DIY Week;7/10/2009, p04
The article reports on the decline in revenue of department store chain Beales for the 26 weeks to May 2, 2009. According to the company, revenue for the period dropped 26.7 million British pounds from 26.8 million British pounds despite the difficult high street trading conditions. Profit after...
- Heatwave hits sales at department stores. // Cabinet Maker;8/29/2003, Issue 5353, p4
Reports on the effect of the heat wave on the department stores in Great Britain. Recovery of the sales of John Lewis; Decline in the sales of Beale; Increase in the furniture sales.
- Beales reports reduced losses. // Cabinet Maker;2/26/2010, Issue 5676, p8
The article reports that Beales PLC incurred slight losses based on its preliminary results for the 52 weeks ended October 31, 2009.
- Margins improve but sales drop at Beales. // Cabinet Maker;4/5/2013, Issue 5831, p8
The article discusses the impact of severe weather conditions and removal of television (TV) and audio from its proposition on the sales at departmental stores of JE Beale PLC and reports reduction in sales by 6.3 percent in March 2013.
- Beale's reports loss. // Cabinet Maker;1/29/2010, Issue 5672, p7
The article reports that slight losses were posted by Beale PLC in its preliminary results for the 52 weeks ended October 31, 2009 that include a decline in total group sales by 0.7% and the drop of gross margins from 54.9% to 54.5%.
- Beales signs lease on new southeast store. // Housewares;Apr2006, Issue 197, p31
The article reports on the plan of department store group Beales to increase its presence in the southeast with a new store in West Sussex, England. The opening of the store follows the closure of the company's branch in Walton-on-Thames. The new shop gives Beales a central location between its...
- Beales raids furniture industry for new board member. // Cabinet Maker;9/9/2011, Issue 5754, p12
The article announces that Anthony Richards has been appointed as a trading director at British department store chain Beale PLC in 2011.
- Consumer confidence warning. // Cabinet Maker;7/4/2003, Issue 5345, p5
Reports on department store chain Beale's prediction that consumer confidence in Great Britain will remain weak for the rest of 2003.