- Study Finds Durezol Effective Against Uveitis. // Review of Ophthalmology;Dec2008 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p6
The article cites a double-masked multicenter Phase-III study sponsored by Sirion Therapeutics which reveals the similarity of steroid Durezol to Pred Forte in 90 patients with acute anterior uveitis. It unveils that chest pains had been experienced by one Durezol patient in terms of serious...
- Instrument debris-related fibrinous uveitis after pediatric cataract surgery. Abdulkarim, Hibba; Rogers, Neil K.; Salvi, Sachin M. // Indian Journal of Ophthalmology;Feb2013, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p83
The article presents a case study of a 9-year-old boy who underwent uncomplicated cataract surgery for juvenile cataract linked to hypoparthyroidism-related-hypocalcemia. The patient developed photophobia and pain two weeks after right cataract surgery due to anterior uveitis and fibrin...
- FDA Approval for Uveitis Treatment for Sirion's Durezol. // Review of Ophthalmology;Nov2009, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p6
The article reports on the approval obtained by Sirion Therapeutics Inc. from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to market its steroid Durezol for the treatment of anterior uveitis. It mentions that a study in the U.S. showed that Durezol was indicated to be non-inferior to Pred Forte...
- Steroid use not always improper. E.B. // Medical Update;Jun96, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p5
Looks at the narrow window of benefit from the use of steroids. Indications where steroid administration can be beneficial; Importance of strict medical supervision in using steroids.
- Steroid injections: How many, how often. P.G.O'C. // Cortlandt Forum;02/25/98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p111
Responds to query concerning the maximum number of steroid injections that must be administered into a patient per year. Potential results of steroid injections overuse.
- Bulk up your bones. Wolfe, Yun Lee // Prevention;Jun97, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p144
Offers advice for people taking steroids for various inflammatory conditions. The risk involved; Advice from Leonore Buckley, MD on safeguarding your bones when taking steroids.
- iridocyclitis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1231
A definition of the term "iridocyclitis," which refers to an inflammation of the iris and ciliary body, is presented.
- Levocetirizine. // Reactions Weekly;5/15/2010, Issue 1301, p32
The article describes the case of a 34-year-old man who developed iridocyclitis while receiving levocetirizine therapy for allergic rhinitis.
- Zoledronic acid. // Reactions Weekly;10/15/2011, Issue 1373, p31
The article describes the case of a 69-year-old woman who developed anterior uveitis and ocular hypertension after receiving zoledronic acid.