Officials: Pending Legislation Could Cost Ohio Schools Millions
- N.J. voters nix unfunded state mandates. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;11/15/95, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p21
Reports on New Jersey voters' approval for a state constitutional amendment requiring the state to back up new mandates on school districts and cities with money.
- Crossing-guard liability. // Education Week;2/21/96, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p20
Reports on the bill passed by the Colorado Senate that would shield school districts and their crossing guards from liability for most traffic-related student injuries.
- Proposals would `unify' state's school districts. Cross, Cheri // Inside Tucson Business;2/24/97, Vol. 6 Issue 48, p1
Reports that committees at Arizona's 43rd Legislature were studying bills that would consolidate the state's school districts. Requirement for reform of school financing methods; Strategy to increase property values; Access of schools to more construction funds.
- BCISD has two key legislative priorities. McBurnett, Keith // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);1/ 9/2013, Vol. 140 Issue 2, p6A
The author discusses legislative priorities for Burnet Consolidated Independent School District (BCISD) in Texas.
- PUBLIC NOTICE. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);12/3/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p8
The article announces that the Whitney Independent School District (ISD) Board of Trustees will hold a public hearing on the Academic Excellence Indicator Systems Report/Performance Report for Whitney ISD.
- State Journal. Coles, Adrienne D. // Education Week;03/22/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p24
Focuses on the decision of Wyoming lawmakers to allow school districts to keep the amount they received in error from the United States education department. Reaction of the House education committee's chairman to the issue; Result of confusion over a payment change; Vote on bills that require...
- Measure to break up Los Angeles district is laid to rest in assembly committee. Harp, Lonnie // Education Week;8/4/93, Vol. 12 Issue 40, p31
Reports on the rejection of a bill providing for the break-up of the Los Angeles Unified School District into seven smaller units. Senate President pro tem David A. Roberti; Opposition from Assembly leaders and Los Angeles school officials; Los Angeles Educational Alliance for Restructuring Now...
- Time to Reform the Triborough Amendment. CUMMINGS, LAWRENCE M. // Business Journal (Central New York);3/26/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p20
In this article the author discusses application of the Triborough Amendment reform in school districts in the state of New York.
- INDIANA: Mayoral School Rule Eyed. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;5/4/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33511, p9
The article reports on the bill passed by a group of influential members of Indianapolis' political and business community that could lead to mayoral control of the city's school system in Indiana in 2011.