Legality of Arkansas Governor's Plan To Spend Tobacco Money Questioned
- Arkansas Governor Calls Special Session Today on Schools. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32352, p34
The article reports that Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee has called a special session on school finance. The Arkansas General Assembly will address issues on school finance reforms, as well as a proposal to ban smoking in most enclosed public spaces. Huckabee has given lawmakers a March 30, 2006...
- The Arkansas Sidestep. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/27/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30879, p1
Focuses on Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee's spending plan for the state's tobacco lawsuit settlement. Changes made in the proposal to make it more like an initiated act than a bill; Call for bond-funded construction of several health research centers at two state universities.
- November Looking Up. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/12/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32526, p31
The article reports on the financial performance of Arkansas's revenue for November 2006. According to Department of Finance and Administration, the state continues to exceed revenue forecasts, with general fund revenue collections in November coming in $21.6 million higher than in the same...
- Colorado, Arkansas Governors Push Transportation Debt. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32051, p5
Reports on the state of the state address of Governors Mike Huckabee and Bill Owens requesting for massive debt issuance to fund transportation needs in the U.S. Request of the General Assembly to consider approving revenue bonds issuance for non-Interstate road improvements; Continuation of...
- Facing Budget Shortfalls, Arkansas and Utah Take Hard Look at Numbers. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/19/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31369, p4
Reports the budget shortfalls in Arkansas and Utah. Cut made by Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee on the state budget; Demand of Utah legislators for governor Mike Leavitt to call a special session to deal with the revenue problems; Discussion on the possible solutions for the shortfalls.
- Pastor-Populist Mike Huckabee. Olasky, Marvin // Human Events;2/19/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p18
The article features Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee. Huckabee's guesting in Jon Stewart's afternoon show is highlighted. Huckabee defends himself from accusations on spending and tax hikes in 2006, by saying that he responded to court demands for added educational funding and pushed for a gas...
- Arkansas Flattens a Building Fund. Perlman, Ellen // Governing;May2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p80
Reports on the expiration of the Economic Development of Arkansas Fund Commission in January 2002. Reasons behind the expiration; Measure suggested by state budget director Ted Thomas in allocating funds; Plans of the office of Governor Mike Huckabee with the fund surplus.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;6/22/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31910, p27
Reports developments related to the bond market in southwestern states in the U.S. as of June 22, 2004. Warning to cut off aid to local governments if lawmakers are unable to pull in enough extra money through the new tax measures to fund school finances issued by Arkansas Governor Mike...
- Arkansas Lawmakers: Rosy Budget Forecast Could Jeopardize Finances. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31025, p32
Reports on Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee's revenue predictions for the state. Reactions to revenue estimates; Financial forecast of the administration.