The Trading Floor
- Affirmed, But Negative. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/8/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33429, p9
The article reports that Fitch Ratings in Wisconsin has affirmed Milwaukee County's AA-plus general obligation rating however, the agency has revised its outlook to negative due to the county's unstable budget.
- Fitch Credit Rating Downgrades Outnumbered Upgrades in 2010. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;5/25/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33523, p7
The article reports that rating agency Fitch Ratings Ltd. outnumbered upgrades in 2010 wherein the higher number of downgrades in ratings were due to the weak economy and fiscal constraints felt in the U.S.
- JEA Water Rises. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31961, p27
Reports on the move of Fitch Ratings Inc. to upgrade the ratings of the outstanding bonds of Jacksonville Electric Authority in Jacksonville, Florida. Removal of the ratings for the credit by the agency; Consistency of the credit factors for the authority's water and sewer utility.
- Fitch Puts Denver, L.A. Hockey Arenas on Negative Watch. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/8/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32085, p4
Reports on the move of Fitch Ratings Inc. to place debt to two arenas which hosted the National Hockey League teams after the cancellation of the league's season in the U.S. Impact of the move of the rating agency on Denver Arena Trust debt and L.A. Arena Funding LLC debt; Claim of the rating...
- ILLINOIS: Good News for Cook Forests. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/7/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33196, p9
The article reports on the upgrade of the general obligation (GO) debt of Cook County Forest Preserve District given by Fitch Ratings Ltd. in Illinois. The district has received an AA-minus from A-plus rating which is in recognition of improve finances. Fitch explains that the strong financial...
- COOK CO. DROPS FITCH FROM UPCOMING DEAL. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;9/12/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32960, p1
The article reports that Cook County, Illinois drops Fitch Ratings Ltd. from its next debt issue. The move came after the rating agency decided to revise the county's outlook to negative from stable on $3 billion of outstanding general obligation debt due to fiscal pressures. The revision...
- Fitch Unveils Originator Reviews; Are Lender Ratings Far Behind? Cornwell, Ted // National Mortgage News;6/3/2002, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p10
Reports the incorporation of the servicer ratings of Fitch Ratings into the evaluation of mortgage-backed securities in New York. Evaluation of originators; Establishment of originator review program; Number of completed reviews.
- Fitch Drops Mortgage Insurance Industry to 'Negative' // National Mortgage News;2/17/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p7
Reports that rating agency Fitch Ratings Inc. has dropped its outlook on the entire private mortgage insurance industry in the U.S. Proliferation of various risk-sharing arrangements; Increased levels of piggyback loans; Concerns of the agency for mortgage insurers.
- DISCOVER MAY BOOST MORTGAGES. // National Mortgage News;8/29/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 48, p13
Reports on the downgrade of Fitch Ratings Inc.'s ratings for Discover Bank following the decision by Morgan Stanley not to sell its Discover Card business in New York.