Houston Housing Finance Corp. Approves Controversial Deal
- Housing Finance. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p4
Reports on the approval of bond authorization by Texas-based bond committee for the Houston Housing Finance Corp. Company which has been authorized by the financial company; Controversy surrounding the issue; Allegations made against the mayor of the city in the controversy.
- Houston Housing Agency Readies $10 Million of Single-Family Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31362, p5
Reports on the plan of Houston Housing Corp. (HHC) to sell its single-family mortgage revenue bonds in Texas. Companies involved in the negotiation of the deal; Background on the operations of HHC; Support given by the Government National Mortgage Association to HHC.
- Houston City Council Tables Controversial $90 Million Pleasant Hill Vote. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31330, p3
Reports on delay in voting on a $90 million tax-exempt housing revenue bond issue for U.S.-based Pleasant Hill Community Development Corp. in Houston City Council in Texas. Efforts of the company to finance the bond issue from Houston Housing Finance Corp.; Arguments of opponents of the deal.
- Houston City Council Closes Door On Pleasant Hill Housing Proposal. // Bond Buyer;2/28/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31334, p41
Reports that the Houston City Council has approved the sale of housing revenue bonds worth multimillion dollar proposed by the financial firm Houston Housing Finance Corp. for Pleasant Hill Community Development Corp. Reason behind delay in the approval for bond sale; Impact of the approval on...
- Houston Housing Authority Backs Off Touchy Bond Issue . Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/10/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31281, p4
Reports that the board of directors for the Houston Housing Finance Corp. has voted not to serve as issuer for bid of the Pleasant Hill Community Development Corp. to sell revenue bonds in Houston, Texas. Reasons for not supporting Pleasant Hill's bid; Search for alternative financing sources...
- Houston Housing Market Retains Risk Profile on Oil Woes. Peters, Andy // Nationalmortgagenews.com;8/17/2015, p1
The Houston housing market still runs the risk of a pullback, based on a range of economic conditions affecting the city, according to Fitch Ratings.
- Yields Rise as Market Begins to Hum Again. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the rise of the weekly yield index of "The Bond Buyer" in light to moderate secondary trading as there is a slowdown of activities after a holiday lull in the U.S.
- Wisconsin's New Leaders Tap Market for $430M. Shields, Yvette // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p12
The articl reports on the plan of Wisconsin to sell its 20-year general oblication bonds for 430 million dollars to fund bricks-and-mortar capital projects in the first debt issuance of the new administration.
- Top 25 issuers in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p22A
Lists the top 25 bond issuers in California, as ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes California Housing Finance Agency; Anaheim Public Finance Authority; Los Angeles School District; State of California; Bond assignments; Principal amount;...