Rhode Island Governor Joins List of State Leaders Hoping to Raid Tobacco Bounty
- Almond Wants Incentives For All-Day Kindergarten. Archer, Jeff // Education Week;02/16/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p20
Highlights Rhode Island Governor Lincoln C. Almond's educational policy in his State of the State Address. Government policy on educational appropriation for full-day kindergarten in Rhode Island; Views on the standard for teachers and teaching in the state; Dispute over funding for school...
- Rhode Island. // Assessment Journal;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p29
Reports that Rhode Island Governor Lincoln Almond developed a plan decrease property taxes for homeowners on July 1998.
- Division of power battle. // State Government News;Sep2000, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p6
Reports that Rhode Island Governor Lincoln Almond has placed a nonbinding referendum on the November 7, 2000 election ballot asking voters whether they support a constitutional convention. Role of the convention in deciding on the division of powers among the different branches of government;...
- Making Businesses Feel At Home: R.I. Moves to Cut Capital Gains Tax. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;05/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31137, p5
Reports the submission of a bill eliminating the capital gains tax in Rhode Island. Endorsement of the bill to the public by Governor Lincoln Almond; Reduction of income tax rates from taxpayer's federal tax liability; Goal of the bill.
- Public-Private Partnership In R.I. Will Develop Safety Strategies To Mitigate Disaster Losses. // Insurance Advocate;01/02/99, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p5
Reports that Governor Lincoln Almond has signed an Executive Order declaring Rhode Island to be a `Showcase State for Disaster Resistance,' a public-private partnership that aims to develop safety strategies to help communities reduce death, injury, property damage and economic losses caused by...
- Program for the Development of Fiscal Federalism in the Russian Federation in the Period up to 2005. Berg, O. // Problems of Economic Transition;Jan2003, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p37
Focuses on the program for the development of fiscal federalism in Russia. Flaws of the program; Objectives of the program; Changes in the distribution of expenditure authority among the levels of the fiscal system.
- Political risk - Fiscal Concerns Mounting. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Jan2011, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p5
This article reports on the need for fiscal consolidation in Brazil in 2011.
- New budget maintains competitive position. Wilson, Roger // Asian Business Review;Apr96, p16
Outlines measures integrated into the Singaporean budget for 1996 made to maintain the country's attractiveness for foreign investment. Includes tax on income derived from high value added activities; Launching of the Regionalization Finance Scheme; Unveiling of an Innovation Development Scheme.
- Tax. // Asian Business Review;Apr96, p30
Outlines the Coalition government of Australia's tax policy. Provision of rolloff relief on the sale of an asset or business; Extension of relief available when a house is inherited; Provision of relief when a business is sold to provide for retirement.