News In Brief: Poole: Anecdotal Evidence Important
- All Eyes Remain On FOMC Meeting. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;12/19/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31040, p2
No abstract available.
- Statements to the Congress. Meyer, Laurence H. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Sep97, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p753
Presents a speech by the member of the Board of Governors of the US Federal Reserve System discussing his views on the conduct of monetary policy, before the Committee on Banking and Financial Services, US House of Representatives on July 23, 1997.
- Legal developments. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Jan1999, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p49
Presents an update on the legal developments in the United States Federal Reserve Board with regards to the country's monetary policy. Amendment to the Code of Federal Regulation (CFR); Reason for the amendment of CFR Regulation D; Significance of the amendment to CFR Regulation Y.
- Monetary Policy Report to the Congress. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Aug2001, Vol. 87 Issue 8, p501
Focuses on the 2001 monetary policy report of the United States Federal Reserves to the Congress. Reduction of the funds by Federal Open Market Committee in response to the economic decline; Increase in the consumer expenditures; Projections for productivity growth.
- Fed's tightening of money supply promises to give short-term rates a slight upward nudge. Nagan, Peter S. // Banking;Jul77, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the move of the U.S. Federal Reserve to tightened its monetary policy. Prediction on the growth of the gross national product; Outlook for inflation; Behavior of the monetary supply.
- A Forward-Looking Monetary Policy Reaction Function. Mehra, Yash P. // Economic Quarterly (10697225);Spring99, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p33
Provides information on the monetary policy reaction functions of the United States Federal Reserve Board. Specification of policy reaction function; Definition of economic variables and empirical specifications of the funds rate equation; Changes on the reaction function during the...
- Monetary Policy Frameworks and Indicators for the Federal Reserve in the 1920s. Humphrey, Thomas M. // Economic Quarterly (10697225);Winter2001, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p65
Discusses the development and application of monetary policy frameworks and indicators for the United States Federal Reserve Board in the 1920s. Description of the quantity theory-monetary cycle framework; Information on the framework created by the Federal Reserve; Criticism against the...
- COMPETITION OPPORTUNITY. Cooper, Richard N.; Little, Jane // Regional Review;2001 3rd Quarter, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the performance of monetary policy set by the U.S. Federal Reserve Board relative to trade and investment ties in the global market. Impact of Federal Reserve Act on the economic operations between the US government and the outside economy; Timelime of banking legislation implemented...
- The birth and death of Regulation Q. // Regional Review;2001 3rd Quarter, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p23
Focuses on the implementation of Regulation Q by the U.S. Federal Reserve Board. Historical details on the formulation of the policy; Impact of the regulation on the operation of Eurodollar market and other unregulated markets; Assessment of the interest rates accumulated in the markets within...