A Material Event in Nyack
- Analysts look at rosy profits after BBA gloom. Cys, Jane // AHA News;11/01/99, Vol. 35 Issue 43, p5
Analyzes the financial status of for-profit hospital companies. Impact of the Balanced Budget Act to for-profit hospital companies; Factor in hospitals' performance; Net income of LifePoint Hospitals Inc. for the third quarter of 1999.
- Hospitals Tout Charity Care. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/22/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33437, p9
The article offers information on the fourth annual report released by the Illinois Hospital Association on the provision of about 4.9 billion dollars worth of community benefits by nonprofit hospitals in Illinois in 2008-2009 fiscal years.
- Hotel data suggests that the industry will recover. // Westchester County Business Journal;2/10/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the release of the year-end performance data of the global hotel industry by Deloitte & Touche and Smith Travel Research. Decline of the revenue per available room in the U.S.; Rate of decline in occupancy rates in Europe; Forecast of a recovery in the industry.
- Va. makes compromise on financial data mandate. Snow, Charlotte // Modern Healthcare;6/10/96, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p18
Reports on the compromise of Virginia legislators regarding the end of mandate that requires hospital and nursing homes to release certain financial information. Virginia Department of Health's selection of Virginia Health Information to compile and release the financial information; Fears on...
- News briefs. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/25/99, Vol. 33 Issue 43, p3
Reports developments in the food service industry in the United States as of October 1999. Rejection of the inspection bill by California governor Gray Davis; Application of Planet Hollywood for bankruptcy protection; Delay of Blimpie International in filing a year-end financial report.
- Resort doing fine, say owners. Mihailovich, Steven // Business Press: Serving Southern Nevada;5/2/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p1
Provides information on the financial results of Lake Las Vegas Resort in Nevada as of May 2005. Reaction of Lake Las Vegas operators to financial statements showing losses at the water-themed development's hotels; Disappointment with the company's financial results according to David Cox,...
- Copper Face Jacks Boosts Hotel's Profits. // Hospitality Ireland;Feb2009, Issue 55, p6
The article reports on the business performance of Jackson Court Hotel in Dublin, Ireland as of fiscal year ending January 31, 2009. Revenues of the hotel that houses the nightclub Copper Face Jacks were reportedly higher by 44 percent compared to the end of January 2008. Also included are...
- Rare's '01 earnings climb 12%; special charges cut into 4th Q. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/4/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the financial performance of Rare Hospitality International Inc. for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2001. Increase in profits; Growth in fourth quarter revenue; Decline in same-store sales.
- UPDATA. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Mar2003, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p9
Provides updates on issues related to healthcare in the U.S. as of March 2003. Prevention of pension plans from engaging in equity securities transactions; Procedures for financial reporting; Implementation of the 2003 hospital payment rule.