Muni Bond Funds: The Ups & Downs & Ins & Outs
- Muni Duo Rolls Out Alternative Asset Management Plans. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/18/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31659, p7
This article reports on the registration of a firm formed by two top municipal bond professionals to implement alternative investment strategies in May 2003 by the name 1861 Capital Fund LP with the New York secretary of state's corporation division as of June 18, 2003. The fund will utilize...
- ARTIE WU. Garcia, Erica // Money;Sep2002, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p94
Profiles Artie Wu, an investor who co-owns Vividence, a marketing-software company. Strategies of Wu in investing; Investment of Wu in equities and tax-free municipal bonds which expire on a rolling basis; Hedging strategy known as writing covered calls, in which Wu sells a contract which gives...
- Muni Market's Red Carpet. Kumar, Ambika // Governing;Sep2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p70
Reports that investors in the U.S. are putting their money into municipal bond mutual funds for safety as of September 2002. Impact of corporate scandals on investors; Investor demand for municipal bonds; Information on municipal bond offering.
- Municipals End Little Changed; Softer Tone in Shortened Session. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;05/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31148, p2
Reports on municipal bond activity in the United States on May 25, 2001. Focus of traditional investors on the primary while mixed secondary bidding pointed to divergent market opinions; Trend among retail investors and institutional buyers of focusing in the new-issue market.
- Cash Keeps Flowing Into Muni Funds. SEYMOUR, DAN // Bond Buyer;5/26/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33120, p1
The article reports on the growth of investors investing in municipal bond mutual funds in the U.S. It was found that municipal funds recorded increased cash inflow of $1.13 billion from January-May 2009 and a rose in assets from $336.94 billion to $390.85 billion in December 2008. It was found...
- Reconsidering Rates. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;8/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31952, p1
Reports on the alteration of the portfolios of leading investment managers in the U.S. Impact of the interest rates on the business plan; Investment into short bonds; Venture into 10-year municipal bonds.
- Needy Buyers Should Greet South Carolina Like an Old Friend. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;01/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31052, p7
Focuses on developments related to investors and investing in the United States (U.S.), current as of January 8, 2001. Three-pronged general obligation offering by South Carolina; Interest rate cut by the U.S. Federal Reserve Board; Pinellas County, Florida revenue offering on behalf of the Bay...
- Finding "Safe" Investments. Lindorff, Dave // Bank Investment Consultant;Aug2009, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p14
The article provides information on ways of how to make the most out from the investments through the right bond accumulation from the provided investment yields in the U.S. The author explains that investors can turn to either one of the provided interest-bearing, income-generating, and...
- Saybrook Capital Raises Over $200 Million for Latest Offering. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/9/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32214, p7
Reports on the amount raised by Saybrook Capital Corp. in capital commitments for their latest offering in a series of funds that seek to take advantage of municipal bonds with deteriorating credit quality in the U.S. Establishment of equity funds so that investors sign an agreement to finance...