- Frequently Asked Multistate Tax Question. // Journal of State Taxation;Winter2003, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p106
Answers the frequently asked question on multistate tax in the U.S. Presentation of the categories used by the states; Number of sales and used tax categories.
- Path of self-destruction. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/22/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 47, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the declining state of Weschester County in New York because of high taxes and the uncertainty in the federal level.
- State of the city. // Crain's New York Business;01/20/97, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p34
Presents information on the proposal by Mayor Rudy Giuliani, of New York City to have city taxes frozen, and have some of city's revenue go to debt reduction and construction of a tunnel under the Hudson River. Suggested benefits of the proposals; Suggested cost of the tunnel.
- State tax issues. Sager, William H. // National Public Accountant;Oct93, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p12
Discusses issues on state taxation. State taxation of federal civilian and military retirees; US Supreme Court's Davis decision; State taxation of former residents' pension or source tax; Bills introduced in Congress prohibiting a state from imposing an income tax on pensions of non-residents;...
- Tax Free Holiday. // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);8/5/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 31, p1
The article announces that the tax free holiday in Texas will be held from August 20-22, 2010.
- Retailers seeking compromise on paying taxes. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;05/11/98, Vol. 14 Issue 19, pE-2
Focuses on retailers and the Engler administration, in Lansing, Michigan, who are attempting to agree on a schedule for retailers to pay state sales and use taxes. Comments from Peter Kuhnmuench, vice president of governmental affairs for the Michigan Retailers Association; Amount of money...
- Fiscal prudence should be rewarded by tax cuts. Hicks, Mike // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/29/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p25
The article offers the author's insights on the state tax system in Indiana.
- NYSAC seeks mandate relief. Fallon, Bill // Westchester County Business Journal;5/16/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 20, p6
The article reports that the New York State Association of Counties (NYAC) is seeking a mandatory relief from property tax.
- Getting our fair share of federal money or, is our primary a deadly mistake? // New Hampshire Business Review;03/13/98, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p12
Opinion. Comments on the amount of tax money coming to New Hampshire. Tax payment on per capita basis; Examples of why state is below the poverty line when it comes to getting fair shake in tax dollars; Possibility of commuter rail coming to the state; Taxpayer relief act passed to help states...