Follow Our Lead
- State budget: the red and the black. Telegraph, Nashua // New Hampshire Business Review;4/20/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p17
The article announces that Texas' taxes and fees budget have brought in 30 million dollars less than what had been expected through March 2012.
- Tax Hikes Make State's Budget Woes Worse. Passantino, George // San Diego Business Journal;6/16/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p47
Comments on the impact of an increase in taxes on the California budget crisis. Index of state business taxes; Fiscal stability.
- Tennessee Governor Outlines $9.6 Billion 'Taxpayers Budget'. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31321, p4
Reports on introduction of a taxpayers' budget by Tennessee governor Don Sundquist for 2003. Aim of the budget to highlight how state tax dollars would be spent; Inclusion of bond authorizations in the budget; Revenue required for the budget.
- Shortfalls Leave Officials in Three States With Tough Calls. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31382, p36
Reports the postponement of crucial vote on tax increase by the U.S. Senators. Decline of revenue; Debate on transportation funding for highway construction programs; Creation of balanced budget.
- What price a state budget? Hundreds of millions in taxes. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;5/19/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 20, p3
Reports that business owners in Westchester County, New York, face new taxes if state legislative leaders prevail over New York Governor George Pataki's veto of proposed budget increases in income and sales taxes and education spending in 2003. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent...
- State Revenue Choices in Slow Times. Willoughby, Katherine G. // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Spring2002, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p9
Focuses on the expectation of several states in the shortfalls of state budgets in the U.S. Percentage of estimated total general fund revenues; Methods of revenue adjustment to close budget gaps; Consistency of state tax system.
- Smallest businesses gain in Albany budget. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;6/2/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 22, p2
Reports on the New York state budget. Increase in the state's personal income tax; Small business tax; Projected amount to be raised from the increase in income tax.
- California's Deadly Embrace of Big Government. Greenhut, Steven // Hit & Run;11/11/2012, p2
The article criticizes California voters for their embrace of big government as they have handed two-thirds majorities to Democrats in the state Senate and Assembly. It comments that the only thing standing between California residents and endless seas of increases in sales taxes, gasoline taxes...
- Budget winners, losers. Engquist, Erik // Crain's New York Business;8/9/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p3
The article offers information on the winning and losing propositions during New York City (NYC)'s budget finalization. Tax proposals on sugared soda and wine selling in grocery stores by Senator David Paterson were rejected. George Miranda, successfully opposed wine selling in grocery stores....