- Patton's Next Campaign. Cillizza, Chris // National Journal;7/10/99, Vol. 31 Issue 28, p2036
Profiles Kentucky Governor Paul E. Patton. Views of Patton on the University of Kentucky; Successes of Patton in Kentucky politics; Significance of the 1999 elections to Patton's political career.
- Governor-Elect Sharpening Budget Knives. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/8/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31509, p4
Focuses on the plans of improving state budgets by the elected governors of Kansas and Oklahoma. Elected and outgoing governors of the states; Shortfall in the budget of Kansas; State agencies of Oklahoma to cut down their budgets.
- Fixing America. // Human Events;5/16/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 18, p12
An introduction to articles on U.S. governors who have been able to balance state budgets, control spending and expand businesses is presented.
- Politics '99. Gizzi, John // Human Events;11/12/99, Vol. 55 Issue 42, p20
Presents update on the November 9, 1999 mayoral and gubernatorial elections in the United States. Percentage of San Francisco, California's vote received by Willie Brown Jr.; Elected mayor of Indianapolis, Indiana; Percentage of votes garnered by Paul Patton in Kentucky's gubernatorial race.
- Ambitious plans. // State Government News;Feb2000, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on the agenda presented by Kentucky Governor Paul Patton to the Kentucky Legislature during his address on January 4, 2000. Comments from Senate Democratic leader David Karem on the plan; Issues that Patton wants to tackle in the session.
- Davis Takes GOP to Task On Budget. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/17/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31679, p1
Focuses on efforts made by California Governor Gray Davis to pass the budget for fiscal year 2004. Proposition of cuts for education from kindergarten to colleges by republicans in the budget; Provisions under the fiscal budget.
- Arizona GOP Seeks Overturn of Governor's Line-Item Budget Vetoes. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/17/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31679, p32
Reports that Arizona's lawmakers are seeking to court to overturn Governor Janet Napolitano's use of line-item vetoes to restore funding to the state's budget. Overview of vetoes that are facing challenges; Efforts made by the legislature to overcome revenue shortfall in the fiscal 2004.
- Barbour Proposes 2.4% Increase to Mississippi's Budget. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/16/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32031, p7
The article gives information about Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour, who is recommending a 2.4% increase in the 2006 state budget. He said he would continue to implement government reform and streamlining measures while funding a $4.53 billion spending plan without raising taxes. Barbour...
- Cave-in. // Orange County Business Journal;3/21/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p75
Comments on the state spending, oppositions of the state budget and the governor in California.