- Patton's Next Campaign. Cillizza, Chris // National Journal;7/10/99, Vol. 31 Issue 28, p2036
Profiles Kentucky Governor Paul E. Patton. Views of Patton on the University of Kentucky; Successes of Patton in Kentucky politics; Significance of the 1999 elections to Patton's political career.
- Governor-Elect Sharpening Budget Knives. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/8/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31509, p4
Focuses on the plans of improving state budgets by the elected governors of Kansas and Oklahoma. Elected and outgoing governors of the states; Shortfall in the budget of Kansas; State agencies of Oklahoma to cut down their budgets.
- Fixing America. // Human Events;5/16/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 18, p12
An introduction to articles on U.S. governors who have been able to balance state budgets, control spending and expand businesses is presented.
- Politics '99. Gizzi, John // Human Events;11/12/99, Vol. 55 Issue 42, p20
Presents update on the November 9, 1999 mayoral and gubernatorial elections in the United States. Percentage of San Francisco, California's vote received by Willie Brown Jr.; Elected mayor of Indianapolis, Indiana; Percentage of votes garnered by Paul Patton in Kentucky's gubernatorial race.
- Ambitious plans. // State Government News;Feb2000, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on the agenda presented by Kentucky Governor Paul Patton to the Kentucky Legislature during his address on January 4, 2000. Comments from Senate Democratic leader David Karem on the plan; Issues that Patton wants to tackle in the session.
- Cave-in. // Orange County Business Journal;3/21/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p75
Comments on the state spending, oppositions of the state budget and the governor in California.
- Minnesota Gov. Pawlenty Outlines Plan to Eliminate Projected Shortfall. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/10/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32832, p29
The article reports on the plan to cut spending in Minnesota which was outlined by Governor Tim Pawlenty. The spending is dip into reserves to eliminate a projected $935 million shortfall in the state's current two-budget cycle. Pawlenty explained that the plan balances the budget without adding...
- Mississippi's New Governor Vows to Control State Spending. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/28/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31809, p32
Reports on the statement of Governor Haley Barbour regarding state spending during his first state of the state address in Mississippi. Submission of his spending package; Shortage in budget for fiscal 2005 faced by the governor and lawmakers; Outline by Barbour for his blueprint for employment...
- Gov. Holden Freezes $250 Million in Allocations in Missouri's Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31671, p44
Reports that Missouri Governor Bob Holden has frozen 250 million dollar in spending allocation in the multi-billion dollar fiscal 2004 budget. Reason behind freezing of the spending allocation; Employment of the reduced spending money in public school and higher education funding.