- LEGAL ACTION. COHEN, ANDREW // Athletic Business;Jun2011, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p22
The article presents two court cases featuring the New York Mets professional baseball team and the Jesup School District in Iowa. In the case of the Mets, a judge dismissed the case filed by baseball fan James G. Falzon against the Mets and the Major League Baseball due to multiple facial...
- An Error in the National Pastime: Antitrust Exemption. Lumpkin, Angela // Phi Kappa Phi Forum;Fall2013, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p22
The article discusses several court cases that involves Major League Baseball which continues to benefit from repeated funny business by the U.S. Supreme Court. In Federal Baseball Club of Baltimore, Inc. v. National League of Professional Baseball Clubs et al, the court considered organized...
- Sour over loss, song author appeals ruling for Bon Jovi. Casale, Jeff; Ceniceros, Roberto; Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;11/16/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 41, p28
This article deals with the lawsuit filed by Samuel Bartley Steele from Boston, Masschusetts against rock star Jon Bon Jovi, the Boston Red Sox, Time Warner Inc. and Major League Baseball (MLB) over alleged stealing of his song for the Boston Red Sox. The song "Man I Love This Team" was released...
- ESPN: MLB urged surcharge on ops. Donohue. // Multichannel News;11/01/99, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p3
Focuses on the lawsuits filed by cable television network ESPN and the Major League Baseball against each other. Case background; Baseball league's termination of ESPN's broadcast rights contract.
- Commission Ready to Drop Suit vs. Minnesota Twins, MLB. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/7/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31403, p3
Reports the lawsuit filed against Major League Baseball and the Minnesota Twins by the commission of Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome in Minneapolis.
- ESPN has pretrial setback. Donohue // Multichannel News;12/06/99, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p5
Reports on United States District Court Judge Shira Scheindlin's decision to disallow ESPN from using present key evidence in its court battle against Major League Baseball. Case background; Scheduled presentation of opening arguments on December 6, 1999.
- Dealer, baseball league settle defamation suit. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;11/14/1994, Vol. 69 Issue 5578, p25
Focuses on the settlement of a defamation suit filed by Vince Piazza against Major League Baseball. Case details.
- No purchase neccessary? AG ponders motive of mailing. // ABA Journal;Jun98, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p18
Focuses on a lawsuit filed by Florida's Attorney General Bob Butterworth against the American Family Publishers (AFP) company. Circumstances surrounding the the suit; Comments from spokeswoman Jeanne Meyer of AFP; Details on the suit.
- New York Yankees Partnership and Adidas America v. Major League Baseball Enterprises. // Current Legal Documents;1950-, p0
Presents a 1997 lawsuit filed by the New York Yankees Partnership and Adidas America, Inc. against Major League Baseball (MLB) and the other 29 Major League teams. Claim that MLB and its teams interfered with sponsorship deals between the Yankees and Adidas intended to promote the team;...