- CALIFORNIA: S&P Boosts Stanislaus COPs. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/26/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32555, p9
The article reports on the upgrade of Stanislaus County, California's certificates of participation (COP) to A-plus from A, by Standard & Poor's Corp. in conjunction with a planned $42.7 million COP refunding. For Fiscal 2005 and 2006, the county's general fund posted surpluses of $23 million...
- Shreveport at Risk. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/16/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32155, p39
The article reports that Shreveport's outlook was revised to negative from stable by Standard & Poor's Corp. The change affects about $3% million of outstanding general obligation debt that has an underlying rating of A-plus. The negative outlook reflects the expectation that the city will have...
- S&P Lowers California's GO Rating. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;04/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31125, p1
Reports that Standard & Poor's has downgraded California's general obligation debt as of April 24, 2001. Factors that contributed to the downgrading of the state's debt; Retention of the state's rating on CreditWatch with negative implications.
- S&P raises six N.J. appropriation-backed credits. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;12/09/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30536, p27
Focuses on Standard & Poor's issuance of six more rating upgrades for New Jersey's appropriation-backed debt. Total amount of outstanding bonds; Upgrade of all ratings to the same AA-minus category.
- Nassau County, N.Y., hit with short-term downgrade from S&P. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/22/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30688, p3
Indicates that Standard & Poor's (S&P) has downgraded Nassau County, New York's short-term ratings. County's failure to address structural budget imbalances; Delays in implementing deficit reduction plans; Outstanding issues that S&P also downgraded.
- New England States Begin Strengthening Rainy-Day Funds. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;9/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31716, p3
Reports on the promotion of rainy-day reserve funds by New England states as of September 10, 2003. Ratings of various states in England by Moody's Investor Service Inc., Standard & Poor's Corp. and Fitch Ratings Inc. regarding the reserve funds; Status of rainy-day fund of Massachusetts;...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;06/13/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31159, p2
Reports developments related to public finance in the United States as of May 2001. Market performance of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond; Upgrade received by Needham, Massachusetts from Standard & Poor's; Rate given to the Cincinnati School District by Standard & Poor's.
- Strong State Revenues Prompting Tax Cut, Spending Plans, S&P Says. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32343, p6
The article reports on the statement announced by Standard & Poorâ€™s Corp. which states the necessity of lawmakers to cut taxes and unveil new spending proposals for the year due to strong state revenues. The director of the agency Robin Prunty said that trend of increased state revenue...
- Unique County Road Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p31
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's to raise its rating on Baldwin County, Alabama's outstanding general obligation debt. Strong economic growth and effective financial management of the county; Rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service to Baldwin County's upcoming sale.