Plan Earmarking $150M in Grants Likely to Be Approved
- SBIR Stopgap Tied into Funding Resolution. // BioWorld Today;9/26/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 186, p4
The article reports on the struggle in the U.S. House and Senate regarding the continuation of Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer grant programs that are tied into H.R. 2608 which will fund the government from October 1-November 18, 2011 in lieu of a budget.
- ADDICTION FIELD CALLING FOR INCREASED FUNDING FOR BLOCK GRANTS…. // NCADD Washington Report;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 12 Issue 1/2, p1
This article focuses on a letter sent by several organizations to the U.S. House and Senate leadership regarding funding for Substance Abuse Prevention Treatment (SAPT) Block Grant and for Federal Medical Assistance Percentage (FMAP) for Medicaid program. More than 150 organizations have signed...
- House to pass $1 billion in homeless grants. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/04/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30343, p5
Reports on the possibility of the United States House of Representatives' approval of legislation to consolidate federal homeless assistance programs into block grants available to states, cities and counties. Legislation as part of the Republican effort to recognize the Department of Housing...
- HOUSE, SENATE VOTE TO KILL DRUG-FREE SCHOOL FORMULA GRANTS. // NCADD Washington Report;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 12 Issue 7/8, p1
The article reports that the U.S. House and Senate voted to eliminate the 295 million U.S. dollars states grants portion of the Safe and Drug Free Schools and Communities (SDFSC) program. The program was eliminate by the Senate Appropriates Committee and added 84.6 million U.S. dollars to...
- Senate Back $4 Billion in CDBC to Ease Housing Woes. // Planning;Jun2008, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p49
The article reports on the two bills submitted by city planning departments to the U.S. House and Senate which aim to address the problems on housing foreclosures. It reveals that the Community Development Block Grants was proposed to the Senate in April 2008 which provide $4 billion of...
- Corinthian Fires Back at Proposed Rules. Volpe, Michael // Orange County Business Journal;9/27/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p1
The article reports on the anticipation of the Corinthian Colleges Inc. and other for-profit school operators for a political change in the House of Representatives and Senate to help remove some of President Barack Obama administration's education reforms in the U.S. The Corinthian Colleges'...
- What Congress needs to hear about NCLB. McElroy, Edward J. // American Teacher;May/Jun2007, Vol. 91 Issue 7, p2
The author summarizes the testimony he gave before the U.S. House and Senate education committees regarding changes to the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB). He said that the adequate yearly progress (AYP) assessment system should be modified. There are concerns that class time is being usurped by...
- Support "Stop and Study" bills. // ABA Banking Journal;Apr2011, Vol. 103 Issue 4, p47
The article presents an invitation to support the bipartisan House and Senate bills in the U.S. that would give agencies the time to study the impact of regulating debit interchange transaction fees.
- Rural Concerns and the National Policy Environment. Jahr, Dale // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec88, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p1078
No abstract available.