Former Orange County Supervisor Gets Panel's Nod to Lead Peace Corps
- VASQUEZ IN. // Human Events;2/4/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p2
Reports on the approval of the United States Senate for Orange County, California Supervisor Gaddi Vasquez to be the director of the Peace Corps. Information on Vasquez's nomination.
- The Triumph of Motivation. Fischer, Audrey // Library of Congress Information Bulletin;Oct2003, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p252
This article presents the closing keynote address delivered by U.S. Peace Corps director Gaddi H. Vasquez for the 2003 Hispanic Heritage Month celebration of the Library of Congress in Washington D.C., which deals with motivation. Vasquez discussed his journey from Texas to Washington. He...
- Peace Corps Choice Broke All Three Commandments. Navarrette Jr., Ruben // Human Events;9/10/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 33, p14
Focuses on the nomination of Gaddi H. Vasquez as head of the United States Peace Corps. Stance of the Democrats on the nomination; Criticisms against Vazquez; Political career highlights.
- Camelot lives on. Cannon, Angie // U.S. News & World Report;9/17/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 10, p48
Highlights the United States Peace Corps. Comments of former volunteers; Plans to commemorate the service of Peace Corps volunteers; History, including the call for volunteers by U.S. President John F. Kennedy in 1961; How the mission has broadened, but goals have stayed the same; Criticism of...
- PEACE CORPS. // United States Government Manual;2006/2007, p496
This article provides an overview of the operation of the U.S. Peace Corps in 2006. The officers of the Peace Corps include Director Gaddi H. Vasquez and Deputy Director Jody Olsen. Its mission is to help the people of interested countries in meeting their need for trained men and women, and to...
- Peace Corps. Glazer, Gwen // National Journal;6/18/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 25, p2006
Profiles U.S. Peace Corps director Gaddi Vasquez. Personal and academic background; Role in the presidential campaign of former president George H.W. Bush in 1992; Accomplishments in the agency.
- Peace Corps: Observations on Volunteer Safety and Security: GAO-04-903T. Ford, Jess T. // GAO Reports;6/22/2004, p1
About 7,500 Peace Corps volunteers currently serve in 70 countries. The administration intends to increase this number to about 14,000. Volunteers often live in areas with limited access to reliable communications, police, or medical services. As Americans, they may be viewed as relatively...
- Panel presses overseas abortion policy. // Hill;6/23/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 71, p16
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee to lift a ban and repeal restrictions on law related to emergency abortion coverage for foreign aid groups and Peace Corps.
- Remarks Following the Swearing-In of Gaddi H. Vasquez as Director of the Peace Corps. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;2/18/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p237
Presents the text of a speech given by United States President George W. Bush on February 15, 2002 following the swearing-in of Gaddi H. Vasquez as director of the Peace Corps.