Minnesota Lawmakers Push to Close $2B Deficit
- Gov. Ventura, Lawmakers Discuss Minnesota Deficit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/06/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31279, p4
Focuses on efforts by Minnesota governor Jesse Ventura and lawmakers to deal with the state's projected budget deficits. Total value of shortfall in the state's 2001-2003 biennial budget; Suggestions by Ventura to get over the deficits; Income projections according to Minnesota's economic forecast.
- A Digital Political Machine. Thornburg, Ryan // Governing;Apr1999, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p60
Focuses on the political Web site of Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura. Information on an online survey conducted by Ventura on local school population; Difference of Ventura's Web site from the other sites of legislators; Hallmark of Jesseventura.org.
- The body politic registers a protest. BEILER, DAVID // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Feb99, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p34
Reports on Jesse Ventura's victory in the 1998 Minnesota gubernatorial election. Ventura's career background; Significance of Ventura's victory; Information on the Ventura campaign.
- Letting Jesse be Jesse. Klobuchar, Jim // Christian Science Monitor;3/1/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 66, p9
Discusses Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura, including biographical information.
- The First Hundred Hours. Pierce, Charles P. // Esquire;Apr99, Vol. 131 Issue 4, p100
Examines into the first hundred hours of Jesse Ventura as governor of Minnesota in 1999. Activity after the inauguration ceremony; Description of the Ventura administration; Proposed law about jet skis.
- Ventura leaves Reform Party. // State Government News;Apr2000, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the resignation of Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura from the Reform Party. Reason for his resignation; Comments from Ventura.
- From This Clay. McCarthy, Thomas J. // America;12/5/1998, Vol. 179 Issue 18, p6
Focuses on the election of Jesse Ventura, former professional wrestler, as governor of Minnesota in 1998. Comments on Ventura; His image; Qualities; Message of his Reform Party; Concerns on his victory.
- GETTING BEYOND CHARISMA. Jacobson, Louis // National Journal;10/28/2000, Vol. 32 Issue 44, p3430
Profiles Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura. Public opinion on Ventura's governance; Policies that Ventura implemented in Minnesota; Challenges faced by Ventura.
- The 'Body' Politic. Lee, Sunny // Entertainment Weekly;11/9/2001, Issue 624, p116
Features James Janos, also known as Jesse 'The Body' Ventura, former professional wrestler and elected governor of Minnesota.