Chicago City Council Gives Unanimous OK to Daley Budget
- ILLINOIS: Chicago Layoff Talks Go On. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/17/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33133, p9
The article reports on the move by Chicago Mayor Richard Daley to negotiate with city unions regarding the prevention of planned layoff of 1,500 workers to help recover from deficit in the 2009 budget in Illinois. Daley has instructed union officers to continue discussing with other unions in...
- ILLINOIS: Daley Outlines Slim Plans. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/18/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33082, p9
The article reports on the municipal budget highlighted by Chicago Mayor Richard Daley that would involve $1 billion funding to education, infrastructure, job creation and training, public safety, housing, and energy-efficiency projects in Illinois. It states that Daley has made an effort to...
- 'Tis the season for getting back to basics. Johnston, Stephanie // Public Works;Dec2008, Vol. 139 Issue 13, p5
The author reflects on the announcement by Chicago Mayor Richard Daley on the three-day off to be taken by city employees during the holidays for 2008-2010, which will save 225 jobs in the U.S. She points out that Daley's efforts to alleviate a $470 million budget shortfall are new and unusual...
- ILLINOIS: Daley's Casino Dream. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/9/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31488, p33
Reports on attempts made by Richard Daley, Mayor of Chicago, Illinois to secure land-based casino license for the city. Reasons for Daley's interest in a Casino; Budgetary restrictions over Daley; Other sources of revenue explored by Chicago city.
- Chicago Mayor's $4.6B Budget Stresses Local Improvements. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/22/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31496, p3
Reports on the proposal of 2003 fiscal budget by mayor Richard Daley in Chicago, Illinois. Total amount of the budget; Project coverage of the budget; Plans of Daley for a post-election tax hike.
- Daley has dreams of going corporate. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;3/27/95, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the plans of Chicago, Ill. Mayor Richard M. Daley for the city and his post-political career. Corporate management philosophy; Adoption of business techniques; Focus on public education reform; Emphasis on private sector experience in selecting cabinet members.
- Nothing wrong with City That Works? Don't believe it. Munson, Lester // Crain's Chicago Business;2/4/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p9
Comments on the disastrous leadership of City Mayor Richard M. Daley in Chicago, Illinois. Development of Block 37 into real estates; Completion of the Millennium Park project; Renovation of the Soldier Field.
- Pro business? Daley's got strange way of showing it. // Crain's Chicago Business;12/23/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p10
Focuses on the behavior of Richard M. Daley in treating pro-business owners. Threat to people with conflicting views; Reaction of Daley on opposition by Michigan Avenue merchants to a series of decorative bus shelters, Magnificent Mile.
- In this election, mayor's got a lock on key to the city. Weisman, Joel // Crain's Chicago Business;12/23/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p11
Reports on the nomination of Mayor Richard M. Daley in the Chicago election contest. Arrangement between the Republican Party and Daley to negate opposition; Unfavorable response from the black community for Mayor Daley.