I Want My Pay TV
- Govt static for pay TV licensees. Bilan, Rica // Telecom Asia;Oct2000, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p20
Reports that pay television licensees in Hong Kong, China, are still in negotiations with the Chinese government over licensing fees two months after licenses were announced. Number of pay TV licenses issued; Conditions set by the government in relation to pay TV licenses; Aims in the issuance...
- Execs Fret Studios' VOD Foot-Dragging. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;03/05/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p26
Reports on the discussion of prospects for long-term video-on-demand (VOD) agreements during the 2001 Paul Kagan Associates Inc. Video-on-Demand Summit. Content providers' inability to secure major Hollywood film titles; Need for studios to realize the revenue potential of pay per view.
- H.K. unveils pay TV victors. Tze Yee-lin // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;07/11/2000, Vol. 368 Issue 42, p43
Reports on the recipients of five subscription television licenses awarded by Hong Kong authorities in China. Hong Kong DTV Co. Ltd.; Galaxy Satellite Broadcasting Ltd.; Hong Kong Network TV Ltd.; Elsmdale Media; Pacific Digital Media Corp. Ltd.
- SVOD Nets Fret Over Consumer Confusion. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;12/2/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p56
Focuses on efforts of subscription video-on demand (SVOD) providers to satisfy needs of customers. Adoption of varied pricing and packaging models for SVOD; Provision of better customer care services to subscribers.
- Events to cash out century. Umstead // Multichannel News;09/06/99, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p28
Asserts that the per-per-view television industry should focus more on the event category. Revenues generated by the event category for the first half of 1999; Success in signing up top sponsors in a unification boxing bout; Potential increase in earning by establishing partnership with other...
- Cablers try digital entry. Foreman, Liza // Variety;07/26/99, Vol. 375 Issue 10, p24
Unveils plans for the relaunch of the digital pay television (TV) market and Premiere World in Germany. Role of Leo Kirch in the digital pay TV market; TV network executives who are participating in the launching; Applicants for digital pay TV.
- AXN increases relevance to go up against terrestrials. Francis, Leithen // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;11/29/2002, p19
Focuses on development plans of action and adventure pay-television channel AXN to increase its viewership in Indian subcontinent. Special program started by the channel for its viewers in South Asia; Reason for launching the India special program; Advertising support received by the program.
- Latin love for pay TV could be fading. Paxman, Andrew // Variety;02/08/99, Vol. 373 Issue 12, p39
Reports on the results of a study on pay television in Latin America. Growth of the market; Effects of currency devaluation on the United States cablers; Increase in advertising sales.
- ASIA CABLERS SEE PAY DAY AHEAD. Groves, Don // Variety;05/15/2000, Vol. 378 Issue 13, p70
Reports on the increase in advertising revenues and subscription rates of pay television channels in Asia as of May 2000. Economic importance of the trend; Overview of advertising sales for each television channels.