Tuning in to trends
- Home entertainment covered. Reddington, John // Cabinet Maker;10/26/2001, Issue 5261, p3
Focuses on the plea of John Stockwell for a television corner unit to home entertainment furniture makers in Great Britain. Answer to the plea of Stockwell; Provision of AD 3/97 for furniture manufacturer; Account of Alphason.
- Matalan expands its home comforts range. // Marketing Week;3/27/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p9
Details the plans of Matalan to expand into selling furniture, lighting and home entertainment products in Great Britain. Direct mail campaigns to launch the products.
- NEW AT MARKET: HOME ENTERTAINMENT. // Furniture/Today;04/09/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p104
Presents retail price quotations for product introductions in the home entertainment furniture market, compiled as of April 9, 2001. Products; Manufacturers; Price; Product code.
- A/V Dealers Find Opportunities In Furniture Stores. WOLF, ALAN // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/10/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p16
The article focuses on the lease deals of audio/video dealers with furniture chains. Leasing space reportedly enables dealers to expand and display their products within a home setting and allows furniture retailers to experience customer electronics. It is stated that the system demonstrates...
- Tuning in to design. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;4/2/2004, Issue 5382, p16
Discusses the impact of home entertainment technology on the use of living rooms and on furniture design in Great Britain. Innovations in consumer electronics; Influence on overall size and shape of cabinets; Comparison between the furniture industry and the home entertainment industry; Room...
- Entertainment intros taking center stage. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;10/1/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p180
The article reports on entertainment centers' efforts to adopt to the fast innovations in the home entertainment industry. The activity is induced by furniture makers' recognition that furniture progress slowly compared to technology. The campaigns of the business group include the addition of...
- Entertainment in bright spotlight. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;3/15/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 28, p14
Discusses the significance of the popularity of home theater systems on the furniture industry in the United States. Ways by which consumers' increased buying of home theater systems can be channeled to furniture buying; Factors that contributed to the increased buying of home theater devices...
- Buyers seek extras in home entertainment. Combs, Heath E.; Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;2/16/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p19
The article features furniture in the home entertainment industry. It states that large entertainment centers attract the interest of the buyers including Riverside Inc.'s Delcastle and Aspenhome's Barola Grand Entertainment Wall which measures 132 inches. Sligh also features its much smaller...
- RTA zeroing in on entertainment. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;04/16/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p198
Looks into the evolution of the home entertainment category of flat-pack furniture in High Point, North Carolina. Features of ready-to-assemble (RTA) furniture to be launched during the spring market in 2001 aimed at the home entertainment sector; Slowdown in sales in home office furniture as...