- Way of the warrior. Rosine, Matthew // Airman;Summer2007, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p18
The article focuses on the living combat heritage embodied in every U.S. Airmen serving in the commando unit. It is stated that these special operators wield awesome power in battle, but seek no glory. These Airmen have been very successful in bringing fear to the enemy to every skirmish of the...
- Without Heroics. Pratt, Fletcher // New Republic;6/21/43, Vol. 108 Issue 25, p838
Reviews the book "Combined Operations: The Official Story of the Commandos."
- LONE RANGER. BATES, TECH. SGT. MATTHEW // Airman;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p26
No abstract available.
- MOLDING THE FUTURE: GENERAL CREATES VECTOR TO DEVELOP AIRMEN OF TODAY AND TOMORROW. Rosine, Matthew // Airman;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p12
The article reports on the initiatives by Air Education and Training Command (AETC) leader General Stephen Lorenz in creating and leading the U.S. Air Force of the future. It discusses the three obstacles which must be overpowered by the AETC in order to meet the said goal namely, limited...
- Combined Operations, the Commandos, and Norway, 1941-1944. Mann, Christopher // Journal of Military History;Apr2009, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p471
The Combined Operations organisation and British Army and Royal Marine Commandos conducted three large-scale raids against the Norwegian coast in 1941 and a series of smaller operations in 1942 and 1943. This article examines the reasons for the shifts in British raiding policy during this...
- We are a professional force preparing for combat. Lorber, John G. // Flying Safety;Aug95, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p2
Discusses the `dues' that members of the US Air Force are expected to `pay' to keep the title of a professional air crew member. Physical and mental preparation; Thorough preflight checks; Rapid and accurate reaction to problems encountered during takeoff; Sticking to the briefed air plan;...
- There I was... // Flying Safety;Nov95, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p2
Discusses the flight mission of a United States Air Force copilot in bad weather. Experience related.
- ANGEL THUNDER 10. // Airman;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p42
Photographs of several service members of the U.S. Air Force who have rendered their services in various missions in the U.S. are presented.
- AirLant/AirPac battle `E' winners. // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p6
Cites the 1993's finest active duty carriers and squadrons in the United States.