Tempe Turns the Tables With Lawsuit Against Arizona Airport Project
- Russia plans â‚¬5 billion sports stadium spend. // Construction Europe;Nov2012, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p4
The article reports on the plan of Russian to spend between four billion to five billion euros for the modernization of its training centers and sports stadiums that will be used in the 2014 Sochi Olympics and the 2018 World Cup.
- Arizona Agency on Tight Schedule to Nail Down Cards Stadium Site. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31448, p3
Reports the selection of site for the construction of the Arizona Cardinals stadium. Issuance of revenue bonds; Absence of constructing in an Indian reservation; Realization of the development plan.
- Oregon Lawmakers OK $150 Million for MLB Stadium. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/27/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31707, p4
Reports that the Oregon legislature on August 25, 2003 approved a plan to use income tax generated by professional baseball players to finance up to 150 million dollars of the cost to build a Major League Baseball (MLB) stadium in Portland, Oregon. Share of the Portland government in the 350...
- Hamilton County, Ohio, Prepares Sale for Cincinnati Reds. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;10/23/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31001, p5
Reports on the plan of Hamilton County, Ohio to sell 275 million dollars of bonds for the Cincinnati Reds stadium. Structure of the bonds; Payment plans.
- St. Louis Lawmakers Hope Governor Will Endorse Stadium Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;04/24/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31124, p36
Reports on the issuance of bonds for the construction of a stadium for the Saint Louis Cardinals in Saint Louis, Illinois. Structure of the bonds; Payment terms.
- AN ANALYSIS OF THE ECONOMIC RATIONALE FOR PUBLIC SUBSIDIZATION OF SPORTS STADIUMS. Baade, Robert A. // Annals of Regional Science;Jul88, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p37
Proposals to provide public subsidy to sports stadiums are being debated in many locates. This paper examines a number of types of benefits asserted by proponents of subsidies direct municipal revenues from stadium events; multiplier benefits increasing income and sales in the area; the...
- Houston Metro Transit Joins Football Financing Team. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p7
Reports the participation of Houston Metropolitan Transit Authority in the financing of the football stadium construction In Houston, Texas. Reasons for giving the tax revenue to the stadium project; Plans of the Houston Metro Transit to help finance the construction of a basketball arena;...
- ILLINOIS. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/21/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31101, p31
Reports on the progress of the proposed $ 580 million renovation of Chicago's Soldier Field after the Chicago Plan Commission endorsed the proposal despite objections of local and federal bank officials. Officials responsible for the renovation plans; Details of the overall financing package;...
- MINNESOTA. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/21/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31101, p31
Reports on the plans of Minnesota-based baseball team Minnesota Twins for construction of a $ 300 million stadium that would be financed by the team. Bond issue involved in the plan; Provision of an interest-free loan by Saint Paul, Minnesota; Introduction of a bill related to the bond issue of...