HCA, Health Midwest Come Together for $1.6 Billion Deal
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;10/03/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30988, p23
Informs on the results of competitive sales of bonds in different states in the United States as of October 2, 2000. General obligation bonds for the city of Rockford, Illinois; General obligation corporate purpose bonds for the city of Altoona, Iowa; Water supply system revenue bonds for the...
- Market Indicators . // Bond Buyer;1/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31302, p32
Presents statistical details on the dollar volume of U.S. bonds to be offered at competitive bidding for the week ending January 11, 2002. Schedule for anticipated offerings; Long-term bond sales.
- Competitive Bond Offerings. // Bond Buyer;2/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31319, p7
Reports on the competitive bond offerings in the U.S. as of February 6, 2002. Names of issuers and financial advisers for offerings; Description of the type of bond; Amount required for the competitive offerings; Ratings assigned to the bonds by different rating agencies.
- Despite the Lure of Competition, Negotiated Sales Still Rule. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31327, p29
Examines the performance of negotiated bidding in comparison to competitive bidding of bonds in the U.S., as of February 2002. Percentage decline in the volume of competitive bidding; Reasons behind increase in negotiated deals according to analysts; Bonds offered by various U.S. states through...
- San Francisco Makes the Most of Ratings With $95M Sale. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p32
Reports on the marketing of refunding general obligation bonds in a competitive sale in San Francisco, California. Use of the bond proceeds; Influence of the interest rate in the size of the transaction; Option of the bidder to insure the bonds.
- Georgia to Issue $504M of GOs; Some Will Fund New Voting Gear. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/23/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31371, p1
Announces the sale of general obligation bonds in Georgia. Use of a part of the proceeds to acquire electronic voting machines; Sale of the bonds in several series; Number of allowed bidders.
- Rio Rancho, N.M., to Hit Market, Match Grant From Intel. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/7/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31381, p4
Reports the plan to sell the million dollar general obligation bonds to finance the share of roadway project by Rio Rancho in Dallas, Texas. Competition of the sale online; Efforts of the Moody's Investors Service on rating the deal; Qualification for triple-A rated bond insurance.
- An Exporter's Guide to Contract Insurance & Bonding. McKinnon, Peter // Export Wise;Summer 2002, p6
Presents a guide for exporters on contract insurance and bonding. Applications of contract insurance and bonding; Phases of the buyer-exporter contract; Challenges faced by exporter in posting bonds.
- Local builders facing tough bonding issues. Lewis, Dustin // Las Vegas Business Press;7/08/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p18
Provides suggestions for the acquisition of bonds to work on construction contracts in Nevada. Preparation of an audited financial statements by an accounting firm; Need for the company to have a sufficient line of credit; Creation of resumes for key owners and managers.