FAR WEST Bond-Watch
- Alaska governor calls for mix of garvee and tobacco debt. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;01/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30808, p4
Reports on Alaska Governor Tony Knowles' proposed Garvee bonds and debt backed by tobacco settlement revenues. Transportation initiative in the state; Revenues of the state portion of the bond proposal.
- Alaska governor asks for bonds to finance drinking water loan fund. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;01/24/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30813, p4
Reports that Alaska Governor Tony Knowles' drinking water bond proposal. Capitalization of the Alaska Drinking Water Fund; Loan program for rural drinking water projects.
- Alaskan Governor's Pipeline Dream Of $17B in Bonds Goes to Legislature. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/13/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31324, p30
Reports on the introduction of state legislature by Alaska governor Tony Knowles allowing Alaska Railroad Corp. to issue tax-exempt bonds. Construction of natural gas pipelines financed by bonds; Issuance limit set by existing state laws; Use of revenue from gas pipelines and oil companies.
- Alaska regulates cruise ships. // State Government News;Aug2001, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p9
Deals with a legislation passed by lawmakers in Alaska on June 9, 2001 aimed at regulating the cruise ship industry. Remarks from Alaska Governor Tony Knowles; Details on the legislation.
- Alaska Governor Blasts Legislature's Plan to Cut Spending. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;3/13/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31343, p5
Reports the criticism on the budget plan proposed by the lawmakers by Governor Tony Knowles during the Alaska's legislative session. Criticism on irrelevant reduction of expenditures; Demand for sources of revenue in the budget plan; Criticisms after analysis of proposed cuts of Senate Finance...
- Alaska takes EPA lawsuit to high court. Truini, Joe // Waste News;8/19/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p4
Reports the appeal of governor Tony Knowles to the Supreme Court to stop the federal government from meddling in its air quality permit program in Alaska. Issuance of the state of permit to Teck Cominco Ltd.; Opposition of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to permit given by the state;...
- Alaska Legislators OK Bond Plan for School Construction. Richard, Alan // Education Week;05/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p25
Highlights a legislative bill on school construction in Alaska. Reactions of Alaska Governor Tony Knowles to the bill; Decision of the Alaska Supreme Court on discrimination of rural and Native American children; Problem faced by school administrators in Alaska.
- Alaskan hunters seek return of plan to cull state wolves. Rosen, Yereth // Christian Science Monitor;3/9/95, Vol. 87 Issue 71, p3
Reports on the clash of the Republicans and the Democrats over the wolf-killing bill introduced by the former governor in Alaska. Information about the bill passed and the compensation given on the killing of wolves; Protest of the bill by Democratic Governor Tony Knowles; Effort of writers,...
- CONTROL HINGES ON EIGHT SEATS. Duffy, Jennifer E. // National Journal;Fall 2004 Cook Election Preview, Vol. 36, p9
Examines the competition between Republicans and Democrats in the 2004 Senate elections in the U.S. Competition between Senator Lisa Murkowski and former Alaska Governor Tony Knowles; Advantages of Colorado State Attorney General Ken Salazar, the Democratic nominee, over Republican nominee Pete...