MBTA Looks to Hike Deal Size; New Money or Refunding Could Drive Sale to $750M
- Mass. Lawmakers Agree to Strip MBTA of Future GOs. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/18/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30749, p1A
Reports on the Massachusetts House and Senate members' agreement to strip the commonwealth's general obligation guarantee from future Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) bond sales as part of the state's tentative budget legislation. Factors attributed to the delay in the passage...
- MBTA Green-Lights $800 Million Issue. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;07/12/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30930, p3
Reports that approval of a sale of bonds by the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) in August 2000. Amount of bonds to be sold; Context of the waiver received from the state Finance Advisory Board; Distinction of the sale for the MBTA.
- Massachusetts issuers provide $1 billion close to an otherwise slow summer. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;08/31/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30468, p32
Focuses on the $160 million of notes and $83.5 million of single-family mortgage revenue bonds to be issued by the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority and the Massachusetts Housing Finance Agency respectively. Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's separate rating on the deals;...
- Massachusetts agency could use garvees to drive bus deal. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/16/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30705, p1
Reports on the plan of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority to issue its first bond deal. Support from federal transportation grants; Sale of Garvee bonds to finance the Central Artery network.
- Mass. lawmakers agree to strip MBTA of future GO guarantees. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30748, p1
Reports on the Massachusetts Legislature's agreement to strip the commonwealth's general obligation guarantee for the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority's (MBTA) future bond sales. Budget legislation expected to follow the agreement; Measures implemented by the MBTA in preparation of...
- MBTA Getting Ready to Go Solo, Without State Safety Net. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;06/26/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30920, p30
Reports on the plan of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority to issue its first revenue bond issue without backing from the state. Amount of planned issue; Underwriting of the issue by PaineWebber Inc.; Revenues that will secure the bonds; Discussions with ratings agencies; Use of the...
- MBTA s Solo Issue Should Fly, But Latest Tobacco Deal May Not. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;07/31/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30943, p7
Reports on the bond issue of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority. Structure of the bonds; Use of the proceeds from the bonds.
- MBTA's Bond Proceeds to Go Toward Capital Projects. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;6/6/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33726, p24
The article reports that a 415.6 million dollars sale of Series 2012A assessment bonds is planned by the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA).
- To Swap Or Not: MBTA Nixes One Deal, Readies Another. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31552, p1
Reports that Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority will sell refunding bonds in March 2003. Value of the bond sale; Rates to be applied to some of the bonds; Company with which MBTA will swap bonds.