Congress Unlikely to Touch Electric Bonds
- North Carolina Weighs Ban on Electricity, Soap. Borowitz, Andy // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;5/17/2012, p5
The article presents information on a new law, the North Carolina's Amendment One, which is said to ban electricity and soap besides gay marriages in North Carolina.
- Wheels of deregulation spin slowly in Congress. Hall, John R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;07/20/98, Vol. 204 Issue 12, p8
Focuses on the United States House Bill House Resolution 655, a bill that gives all American electricity consumers the right to choose among competitive providers of electricity. Author of the House Resolution; Efforts to speed up the hearing process of the bill; Weighing of negotiations behind...
- Hungary starts its liberalising energy experience. // International Power Generation;Oct2001, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p7
Reports on the process of liberalizing the electricity market in Hungary. Cancellation of restrictions on electricity suppliers; Effect of the changes in electricity policy on households and small-scale users; Impact of electricity price liberalization on electricity consumption.
- What's Wrong Here? LeBlanc, Russ // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Mar2014, Vol. 113 Issue 3, p50
The article invites readers to identify the violations to the U.S. National Electrical Code (NEC) from a given photograph.
- The New Jersey senate and assembly... // Electrical World;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 213 Issue 1, p8
Reports on a legislative development pertaining to the electric utilities in New Jersey recent to January 1999. Opening of retail competition in the utility market; Requirements of the bill.
- Standard response. Wheadon, Bob // European Power News;May2004, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p27
Focuses on the Electricity Safety, Quality and Continuity (ESQC) Regulations in Great Britain. Purpose of the ESQC regulations; Provisions of the regulation; Provision of electrical supply of adequate quality and reliability.
- Lawmakers face tough task to pass national energy bill. // LP/Gas;Oct2002, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p26
Reports the difficulty of lawmakers in approving an energy legislation in Washington, D.C. Failure of the congressional staff to finalize the Alaska oil drilling, ethanol use, and other key provisions in the bill; Demand of the Bush administration for the immediate approval of the bill;...
- Senator Urges Action on Energy. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/13/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 8, p29
Reports that U.S. Senator urges action on energy bill. Provision of the energy legislation; Active role in getting the energy bill passed; Importance of energy independence and conservation.
- Power to the people. Wong, Pansy // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug98, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p45
Opinion. Focuses on debates conducted regarding the Electricity Industry Reform Bill. Efforts of an individual in pursuing progress to reduce compliance costs for small and medium-sized businesses; Reference to functions hosted by the Waikato/Bay of Plenty Branch; Where these functions were held.